Let's see your Christmas tree!!

Started by BlackLagoon, December 01, 2012, 11:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: BlackLagoon on December 01, 2012, 11:53:07 PM

So now all the snow and other stuff is laid out..the track is from a Lionel "ready to run set"...the Nutcracker Route.

What's actually running on the track right now is a Lionel Christmas Trolley. I have about 10 locomotives and ALOT of freight cars...it's a small, seasonal set so I don't take the cars out much, though sometimes I'll show em off.

Oh man! I love Xmas trains!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Earth 2 Chris

Love the set-up! I've always liked Bubble Lights. I remember my mom talking about having them when she was young. When I was 10 or so, they actually came back around in stores here, and we bought some.

We haven't put our big living room tree up yet, because we still go out and cut a real cedar every year. We plan on doing that this coming Saturday!

Chris

zombiehorror

Awesome display BL!!  Love the bubble lights and the train....killer!

Here's our tree....

Wow didn't realize how blurry that picture was......!

Each year our girls get to pick a new ornament, here's Jo with Brave and Sam with her frisbee catchin' puppy~

Dad has acquired a few of his own favorites over the years;
Dracula of course...

Sideshow's zombie ornament...

And Boba Fett; I've had him for years but he's never been hung on the tree, I just finally dug him out of a box!

And here's some more from Sideshow, the classic monster gang wishing you a dreary Christmas and a frightful New Year!

And here are our lights so far...

I added a little more this weekend (and plan to do some more) but haven't snapped another picture yet!

Hepcat

Cool! Is that a polar bear out front?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

zombiehorror

Quote from: Hepcat on December 03, 2012, 05:24:25 PM
Cool! Is that a polar bear out front?

???

It's actually a hippo; I suppose someone's inspiration for the design was the song "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"!

Splitty

*sigh* I don't think I'll have time to decorate this year.  Too much goin' on.
Of course, I often say that but drag out the decor at the last second because I can't STAND it, then leave them up well past the new year to get all the sparkly lights soaked in.
:laugh:

Here's my pics I snapped of last year, and the year before.  I LOVE the Christmas sparkle and spirit, even if I don't really get to celebrate often. MOAR LIGHTS!!

charp13

ZH- I know I've said it many times before, but your daughters are like bright little stars! They are so sparkly and cute!  :)
Ok, one or both of their parents must also be adorable. Anyway- your tree is fantastic! I love the variety of ornaments you guys have. And you are the type of yard decorator that my husband wants to be...but I won't let him get that high up on the ladder! Your lights are great! My husband started phase 1 last night- with lights in bushes/trees and inflatables. Tonight was phase 2- blowmolds and light up things in the upstairs windows.Yay!!
Splitty- You have a beautiful ambiance in your decorating! I LOVE the blue tree & your Rudolph collection is the BEST!! I love everything you have! You have the shelf of my dreams in your house!  :) So much goodness!

Unknown Primate

Okay - you guys are slowly getting me in the spirit.  Great stuff!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Splitty

Quote from: charp13 on December 03, 2012, 11:08:33 PM
ZH- I know I've said it many times before, but your daughters are like bright little stars! They are so sparkly and cute!  :).....
Splitty- You have a beautiful ambiance in your decorating! I LOVE the blue tree & your Rudolph collection is the BEST!! I love everything you have! You have the shelf of my dreams in your house!  :) So much goodness!
You're right, his girls are adorable. I totally just want to send them stuff in the mail.

*cough cough* That blue tree may or may not be up all year around, only with less ornaments.

Okay, it is.
:P

BlackLagoon

ZH where did you get that Dracula ornament?! I just choked when I saw that!!!

Beautiful stuff everyone!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

zombiehorror

Quote from: BlackLagoon on December 08, 2012, 12:54:43 AM
ZH where did you get that Dracula ornament?! I just choked when I saw that!!!

Carlton Cards released them in 2009!  http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=6761.0

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

general gruesome

Quote from: BlackLagoon on December 01, 2012, 11:53:07 PM

Excuse my language but this is a bitch....every year. It's not much by "train guy" standards. I go and get a 5x9 piece of plywood and have Home Depot cut it down to about ...4x6 I think. Under it I nailed in a couple of 2x4s so it wont bevel and put it up on a couple of work horses in the back sunroom. There is an old red Christmas tablecloth that goes on first...some battery operated LED lights strewn around the edges and then all the crap on top.

So now all the snow and other stuff is laid out..the track is from a Lionel "ready to run set"...the Nutcracker Route. In the center I took 4 pieces of 0 Gauge track and just ran it off the same transformer. The airport beacon runs off a seperate small accessory transformer. I put those 4 pieces there and have luminated bumpers on the ends and threw a few cars on there just to throw off some light.

What's actually running on the track right now is a Lionel Christmas Trolley. I have about 10 locomotives and ALOT of freight cars...it's a small, seasonal set so I don't take the cars out much, though sometimes I'll show em off. The locomotives will make the rounds but they are NOISEY!!....The trolley makes almost no sound save for the clicking of track as it passes.

There are HESS trucks up there, way out of scale but my girl's daughter plays with em and so do my cousins.......and sometimes someone else does too lol.
Looks excellent man! I love the train sets as well. I always really liked the villages, towns, and other stuff that go with both. I have an entire town with street lamps, buildings, a Christmas tree center of it all, and a Santa Claus w/ his sleigh and reindeer. I'd love to add more to it such as a train set that moves around the town. The It's a Wonderful Life village set is great as well. I enjoy train sets btw. My Christmas tree is the type that looks as if it was pulled from a snow-covered forest. It has faux-snow. I really love it.

Therin of Andor

Christmas 2011 by Therin of Andor, on Flickr
My indoor tree. It's not going up this year because I'm heading to the USA on Dec 23!

Spock angel tree topper by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

My outdoor Christmas tree by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Christmas tree in my school library, 2012 by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Christmas tree 1968 by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Christmas tree 1969 by Therin of Andor, on Flickr
Thiptho lapth,

Regards, Ian.