Met A UMA Member Today

Started by Universal Steve, November 11, 2012, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

I went to the Portland Comic Con today and noticed one of our own was making an appearance. It was none other than Penny Dreadful. It was a real pleasure to meet her and Garou. They were very nice and we had a nice talk about the classic Universal films. I got an autograph and I am going to hang it in  my Universal room with my other autographs. They had a show later which I didn't have time to attend. I wish I could have.  My son scored me a set of Universal Monster shot glasses for $6.00. We also met Hacksaw Jim Duggan the wrestler and got a picture with him. After the show my son and I stopped at our local video store and I picked up House Of Dark Shadows on Blu Ray. Now we are relaxing at home and waiting for Svengoolie. He is showing Dracula tonight. This has been a monstrously good day.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Unknown Primate

Great to hear about your day - sounds awesome!  I worked a couple of (wrestling) shows with Duggan.  Great guy!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

michblk

Hey Steve, it's always fun to meet our fellow members.  That's what's great about this group!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

jimm

I think I'd have Hacksaw sign a 2 by 4  8)

Universal Steve

Quote from: jimm on November 11, 2012, 05:41:39 AM
I think I'd have Hacksaw sign a 2 by 4  8)

He actually had some cut 2 X 4's  cut in 6" pieces that you could have him autograph for you.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Universal Steve

Quote from: Unknown Primate on November 11, 2012, 01:06:09 AM
Great to hear about your day - sounds awesome!  I worked a couple of (wrestling) shows with Duggan.  Great guy!

That's cool you did some shows with him. He does seem very nice. Not at all what I expected. He was actually asking my son and me about Hulk Hogan. He knew a lot of other wrestling news behind the scenes he told us about but he must not see Hogan much. He told us a couple of stories about his WCW days.  My son bought a picture for him to autograph. Good times.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

RedKing

Hacksaw Jim is from my neckl of the woods-Glens Falls NY, which is about 20 miles away from me. He comes back and does alot of charity personal appearances at schools and hospitals, or at least he used to , especially when he was at the height of his popularity in the 80s/90s, a real nice guy.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Penny Dreadful

Great chatting with you Steve!!!
PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Horror hostess
http://www.shillingshockers.com

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
Dark Shadows podcast
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com

Hepcat

Quote from: Universal Steve on November 11, 2012, 01:03:45 AMI went to the Portland Comic Con today and noticed one of our own was making an appearance. It was none other than Penny Dreadful. It was a real pleasure to meet her and Garou. They were very nice and we had a nice talk about the classic Universal films. I got an autograph and I am going to hang it in  my Universal room with my other autographs. They had a show later which I didn't have time to attend. I wish I could have.

Portland, Maine?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Penny Dreadful would then have been ranging far beyond her home base in New Bedford, Massachusetts. From one coast to another would be a trying trek for a 900 year old, witch or mortal.

:-\

Collecting! It's what I do!