U.P.'s Custom MONSTERS!!

Started by Unknown Primate, November 08, 2012, 01:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Keep 'em coming, UP!! Those ROCK!!!

Unknown Primate

Quote from: Count_Zirock on November 08, 2012, 02:57:14 AM
Outstanding! I keep saying I'm going to do this, but never do. I want to make a Countess Marya Zaleska from "Dracula's Daughter" and an Edward Gorey Dracula.

Great ideas!  BTW, did you draw that?
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

RedKing

Holy crap Mark-those are freakin awesome! Your Santo looks better than alot of authentic figures I've seen and Popoca is off the chain!
I still have about 8-20 dollar dtore generic masked wrestlers I bought about 10 years ago I will someday customize into the Champions of Justice.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Bonomo

Quote from: Unknown Primate on November 08, 2012, 05:12:49 AM
RedKing's amazing collection of Luchadors inspired me to make my own:
EL SANTO!

Picture 060 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Picture 061 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Of course, The Man in the Silver Mask needs a monster to do battle with - Who or what will it be?
Yes. You've gotta do a Blue Demon.

Unknown Primate

RedKing

I meant 8-10 figures in my last post! I really need to proof read and spell check! But yeah Mark-you NEED to do Blue Demon! It's like Karloff without Lugosi or Superman without Batman-eternal friendly rivalries!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Dr. Madd

No.. You need to make the UMA crew.. That would awesome.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Scatter

Mark, those are freaking awesome bruddah!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

Quote from: Dr. Madd on November 09, 2012, 04:05:10 AM
No.. You need to make the UMA crew.. That would awesome.

That would be awesome, and a high-numbered crew.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Unknown Primate

Here ya go, Dr. Madd!

I made this BIGFOOT several years ago.  CANADIAN SASQUATCH.  Because I know what they look like, ;D.

Picture 118 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Just finished this one.  He's a real beast - matted hair and a bad attitude.  EASTERN BIGFOOT (RedKing's probably seen him!)

Picture 109 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Close-up of the brute, complete with a missing fang!  "complete"?  "missing"?  kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Picture 110 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

A comparison with the SS Glenn Strange Frankenstein, to give you an idea of the size.

Picture 138 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

This will be my next hairy hominid, although he's quite hairless right now.  I am going to make him leaner & meaner, much like the bogeyman Ray Castile fears the most!

Picture 127 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

This is my latest head sculpt.  Needs a few more details.  He's going to be an entire sculpt (Aves Apoxie & Sculpey), probably around 12" tall.  My most ambitious project, yet.  Might even give him arms that move.

Picture 120 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Picture 123 by The Golden Gorilla, on Flickr

Dr. Madd

THOSE ARE AWESOME PIECES! I love the eastern Bigfoot. Looks like a Grizzly bear and a Mountain Gorilla had a one night stand.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Unknown Primate on November 08, 2012, 08:38:09 PMGreat ideas!  BTW, did you draw that?
No, that's an Edward Gorey drawing.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Unknown Primate

Duh!  What was I thinking?  I know you draw (or used to) and I picture you having that same style for some reason.  Gorey's art would provide a lot of cool & creepy characters to make figures of.

Count_Zirock

I can easily imitate Gorey's style, I just didn't need to, since this already exists by him. I had considered submitting a Gorey-inspired design for the UMA 10th Anniversary T-Shirt Contest, but never got around to it.

I haven't posted any of my art here, and what's already online is all "Star Wars" inspired. If I ever dig out any of my old pen & ink pieces from my high school days and get them scanned, I'll be sure to post them. There's one of Count Dracula and his three brides that's HEAVILY influenced by Gorey!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello