Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

In the world of 1960s Monster goodness, here was a new one on me that I recented discovered.

Of course, we have all seen the "Mon-stirs" swizzle sticks of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, and Creature, as they are pretty common. But here is an example of a 1960s Frankenstein swizzle stick that very much resembles the look of TV's HERMAN MUNSTER I have never seen before. At first, I questioned its goofy approach to The Monster on being a much later take, because for the last 20-30 years goofy Frankensteins abound. But its the other one- the matching swizzle stick that dates them both; it's the classic 'good time Charlie' drunk seen on hundreds of bar related items from the 1950s and 60s- cards, napkins, and the like. Drunken Charlie is also holding a bowling ball- another earmark to the era of these.

So now Herman is hanging with a drunk- and smoking a butt on top of it.

Hurray! A newly discovered vintage monster item!  ;)

fmofmpls

Quote from: Monster Bob on August 07, 2009, 07:57:11 PM
So now Herman is hanging with a drunk- and smoking a butt on top of it.

:D :D :D :D :D

I looked at the pic magnified, and it certainly appears "Herman like" to me. Nice score Bob. Go reward yourself with a martini .. never shaken but always stirred. With your new swizzle stick of course.  ;)
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

MadCow

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on August 07, 2009, 05:30:57 PM
GREAT score!!!

I gotta go to that flea market.

You have a great eye for a bargain, too.  I would have walked right by the little mice for $25.00.

If it was 25 bucks I would have walked by too, good thing I only paid 25 cents!  ;)  ;D

Monster Bob

Here is a closeup of Smoking Herman and the Drunk...

God, I hate taking pictures of little stuff.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: MadCow on August 07, 2009, 09:18:41 PM
If it was 25 bucks I would have walked by too, good thing I only paid 25 cents!  ;)  ;D

Holy Cow!  I went back and re-read your post.  I missed the decimal point.

I'm taking a roll of quarters and heading for your flea market.

Let us know if you list your find on eBay.  It would be fun to see what it brings.

ADAM

poseablemonster

I added some more jigglers to the collection this week:

raycastile

Quote from: poseablemonster on August 09, 2009, 02:50:08 AM
I added some more jigglers to the collection this week:

I feel wonderful and excited.  I am going to collect them all for fun.  They will bring good luck to me.
Raymond Castile

Dr.Terror

I usually don't post new purchases, but I felt this was just too weird and cool not to share.

3 ft Tor Punching bag. 
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

poseablemonster

Scatter

TOR LIVES!!

Shoot guy, where did you find that?? What year was that made?? Absolutely COOOOOOOOL.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

Quote from: Dr.Terror on August 09, 2009, 08:29:12 PM
I usually don't post new purchases, but I felt this was just too weird and cool not to share.

3 ft Tor Punching bag. 
Double WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gillfan

Actually,that isn't a punching bag, it is a "Car Pool Buddy" meant to wear a jacket and simulate another passenger in a car pool lane. it is a novelty gift that was sold through Johnson Smith and other catalogs.

raycastile

That's pretty neat.  What year is that from?
Raymond Castile

Dr.Terror

Quote from: raycastile on August 10, 2009, 12:54:44 AM
That's pretty neat.  What year is that from?

The head is basically a recast of the don Post Tor .   Car Pool buddy, now it makes a bit more sense, lol.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

raycastile

It's that old?  It looks newer.  I never knew that existed.  It's definitely a very cool item.
Raymond Castile