Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

Quote from: Dr Borgo on April 08, 2009, 03:51:44 AM
Well I'm a newbi here. Actually, I have been around for a few years but haven't been an active poster on the new board. Anyway, I have a "monster room"  and I found this over the weekend at a flea market. I think it is a Halloween candy bucket but I'm not sure. I drilled a hole in the back and added a small light. I call him Al...short for alien.  ;D

He's cool with that light in him.
Raymond Castile

Nicole

I like Al. He's cute!

Sorry to hear about your mummy, Kenneth. I've had a couple of sellers like that. Usually, they will miraculously begin communicating after you open a dispute through Paypal. :D
"If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly." -Ashleigh Brilliant

chrisnurse

I've been too broke to buy monsters for ages now, but I did manage to snap this guy up last night, I've always loved these:
You can't kill the Boogeyman

monsterphile

Quote from: Dr Borgo on April 08, 2009, 03:51:44 AM
Well I'm a newbi here. Actually, I have been around for a few years but haven't been an active poster on the new board. Anyway, I have a "monster room"  and I found this over the weekend at a flea market. I think it is a Halloween candy bucket but I'm not sure. I drilled a hole in the back and added a small light. I call him Al...short for alien.  ;D

That was a store display for Alien Pops candy.  There's more info here:

http://atomicbrain1.com/labels/My%20Stuff.html

The light is a cool idea.

Rob

michblk

Quote from: Kenneth on April 08, 2009, 01:26:29 AM
Lovin that button collection! I won this cute little spud on ebay a month ago and paid for it, but he is still a no-show. No response from seller even after two or three emails... Oh well, out only a few bucks I suppose..........BUT I'LL NOT GIVE UP HOPE!!!!  :'(  ;) 

A mummy jiggler from 1973

Kenneth, you need to file a complaint with Ebay, I noticed in the past that items suddenly get sent to you.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Kenneth

Thanks folks. I filed a dispute with the seller on PAYPAL. Maybe I'll hear from someone soon!!

Toy Ranch

Quote from: chrisnurse on April 08, 2009, 08:25:16 AM
I've been too broke to buy monsters for ages now, but I did manage to snap this guy up last night, I've always loved these:

I had that on my watch list but have that toy already.  Great deal on the hidden AHI Frank, under $10 with shipping from the UK, and really nice condition too. 

Dr Borgo

QuoteThat was a store display for Alien Pops candy
Ah ha.... Thanks monsterphile for the info.

chrisnurse

Apologies for the bad camera photo, a buddy of mine lives in a remote fishing village, where he found these in his local 'Bargain Shop' it looks like somebody had a few wrestling figures lying around, the heads are great though. I really like the Oliver Reed 'The Curse Of The Werewolf' detail.

poseablemonster

Those are great!  I'd love to have a set of those if he can find more.

raycastile

I'd definitely take a set of those.
Raymond Castile

The Phantom Creep

Wow those are great!! I would also love to have these if more turn up. I wonder if that is a complete set?
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

raycastile

Raymond Castile

darkmonkeygod

Add me to the theoretical want list please!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

chrisnurse

Hey guys,
I'll email him and ask him to buy up more if there are any left, where he lives is a big tourist area and that bargain shop is the only place that sells toys - so I can't say for sure if they will still be there now. I'm going up next week - so if he can 'get some before they get him' I'll let you know ASAP.

He said the first day he saw them (and didn't have any money on him) there was also a Jason and Drac, but there's nothing on the cards showing a full range.

He showed up with them a week ago, had he mentioned it I would have asked him to buy them all up as I thought that there would be a few people here that may have wanted a set. It just goes to show what illicit Monster goodies are still out there!

BTW Are you guys after the Universal Monsters or any I can get my hands on?