Author Topic: Show off your Weekly Finds.  (Read 946218 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
Re: Show off your Weekly Finds.
« Reply #6600 on: May 27, 2019, 08:37:36 AM »
Old W. C. line about children.  ;D

“If you’re going to steal, steal from the best.”
ADAM

Gojirafan

• Private First Class
« Reply #6601 on: July 14, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »
Grabbed another mini grail the other day. Another "Had as kid" necessity for me. Mattel Shogun Warriors - Gaiking, in a really nice condition box as well. Auction photo below.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6602 on: July 14, 2019, 09:52:55 AM »
Here is mine. Purchased yesterday.

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6603 on: July 18, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »
Freddie Poe just came back from the July Brimfield Antique Show with a 1977 Don Post mask of Tor Johnson from Plan 9 from Outer Space:

Plus these other neat items:

Sadly the handle of the Halloween rattle above is broken.

With all of the above mostly pre-1960 comics costing Freddie only $180!

Incidentally the Brimfield (Massachusetts) Antique Show is the largest such in North America.

8)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 01:59:57 PM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6604 on: July 18, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »
Lovely antiques.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6605 on: July 18, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
Here is mine. Purchased yesterday.

I really like the look of this but do you have any info on what it is (posable toy and release year?).

Great purchase!  :D

Ian

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #6606 on: July 18, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
Jan in a Pan's brother Stan on a Stand.

CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #6607 on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
Grabbed another mini grail the other day. Another "Had as kid" necessity for me. Mattel Shogun Warriors - Gaiking, in a really nice condition box as well. Auction photo below.

Congrats! That's awesome. One of these day I'd like to collect the Shoguns too. I have a Godzilla (with defective tongue lever). Rodan is my main priority now. But at some pt I'd like to grab some of the Shoguns too. Btw: ever read the Marvel Shogun Warriors comic series? I'm a comic book guy so I read a lot of silver age titles. SW one of my favorites. Totally underrated. Marvel Godzilla great title too.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #6608 on: July 18, 2019, 06:03:26 PM »
I really like the look of this but do you have any info on what it is (posable toy and release year?).

Great purchase!  :D

Ian
I know you asked Mars, but I'll be rude and reply. This was originally released by Tsukuda  Hobby (Japan) in1984. It was originally molded in grey and was meant to be painted. The '84 package was not a window box. It was issued a year or two later in black vinyl  (same box). This one is the same figure in a different color with a new box. I used to have the black version back then. It seems to have been taken directly from the Kenner Alien (I kept the Kenner one) with minor face resculpt. It is poseable in the same places as the Kenner toy (minus springloaded jaw and snap back arms).  Mars might have the release year on his box.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6609 on: July 18, 2019, 06:16:41 PM »
I know you asked Mars, but I'll be rude and reply. This was originally released by Tsukuda  Hobby (Japan) in1984. It was originally molded in grey and was meant to be painted. The '84 package was not a window box. It was issued a year or two later in black vinyl  (same box). This one is the same figure in a different color with a new box. I used to have the black version back then. It seems to have been taken directly from the Kenner Alien (I kept the Kenner one) with minor face resculpt. It is poseable in the same places as the Kenner toy (minus springloaded jaw and snap back arms).  Mars might have the release year on his box.

Thank you Ian and Mord.

I apologize. Did not realize someone was asking. Well, Mord definitely nailed the info. The year printed on the one I purchased is-1995. That Alien looks so much like that Kenner Alien with a few differences. Like Mord described, the jaw( no lever). Also the five back- spikes seem a little bit longer  and the Alien's dome is not removable.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6610 on: July 19, 2019, 04:24:09 PM »

Thanks to both you and Mars for all the info, great to hear about it and I did think it looked very similar to the original Kenner release so it's good to know that it's pretty close. It's interesting that it was released a few times over the years and in different packaging so it must have been a fairly good seller to keep it going.

Something else for me to keep an eye out for and maybe it won't even cost quite as much as a Kenner boxed one.

Ian

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6611 on: July 19, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
Thanks to both you and Mars for all the info, great to hear about it and I did think it looked very similar to the original Kenner release so it's good to know that it's pretty close. It's interesting that it was released a few times over the years and in different packaging so it must have been a fairly good seller to keep it going.

Something else for me to keep an eye out for and maybe it won't even cost quite as much as a Kenner boxed one.

Ian

Ian. Gentle Giant released the Kenner Alien a few years ago as a 24" Alien.

As well as Super 7
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:36:00 PM by marsattacks666 »

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #6612 on: July 19, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »

With original box art. Beautiful piece.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6613 on: July 19, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »

As well as Super 7

i remember that getting released in a few different colors but it's a little to big for me and have always fancied the original size. It has always been tempting though and there are still a few of these at sale prices.

Ian

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #6614 on: July 19, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »
 I wonder why they changed the box and inner-packing color. I would think collectors would prefer that. I would sell my boxed Kenner Alien, but don't trust shippers to get it anywhere in one piece.