Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

I don't think they did the shrunken head as a Wear a Weirdo.  I've got Franky, Wolf Man, King Kong and a Skull.
Raymond Castile

The Phantom Creep

Ah geez I just wasn't thinking, you're right that is a Wear a Weirdo Frank. I even have one of 'em still sealed and didn't think about it! They didn't do a Shrunken Head though, only Frank, Kong, Wolf Man and a Skeleton. I still need a sealed Kong.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

chrisnurse

Sorry, I was thinking of the similar shrunken head necklaces that pop up occasionally.
You can't kill the Boogeyman

Toy Ranch

Quote from: chrisnurse on October 28, 2008, 03:14:01 PM
I think that Frankie is a 'Wear a Weirdo' - there was a kong and I think a shrunken head. They're great, I've always wanted a set of them!

Kong, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, and Skull

CreepyJeff

Besides the Tuscany Dracula, I found this cute/cool display for me, er...my daughter, er...ME!

And my brother made this haunted house of painted cardboard which is an EXACT replica of my actual house:

I absolutely love this.  The Remco 4" figures are just about the right size monsters to haunt this with. 
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

aura of foreboding

Quote from: CreepyJeff on October 29, 2008, 04:08:34 AM
Besides the Tuscany Dracula, I found this cute/cool display for me, er...my daughter, er...ME!

Where did you find the McNugget display?  Both that and the house are awesome!

packy120353

Hi Jeff!
Quotewhich is an EXACT replica of my actual house:

You mean you have a giant piano living behind you?!!! Just kidding!
I love that cool house, you gots a nice brother Happy Halloween my friend -

paul

CreepyJeff

Quote from: aura of foreboding on October 29, 2008, 05:55:50 AM
Where did you find the McNugget display?  Both that and the house are awesome!
Thank you.  I set up at the Kane County (IL) toy show as a dealer twice a year and another vendor had this.  I had never seen this before and she tried to sell it for $70 a couple years ago.  Offered it at $35 and sold it to me for $30.  Haven't shown it to my three year old yet (who LOVES chicken McNuggets) and not sure I'm going to for a while.  I can see it getting trashed!  Thanks for the sentiments.

CreepyJeff

Quote from: packy120353 on October 29, 2008, 11:28:05 AM
Hi Jeff!
You mean you have a giant piano living behind you?!!! Just kidding!
I love that cool house, you gots a nice brother Happy Halloween my friend -

paul

Hi Packy - thanks my friend.  I thought of you and your brother with this Haunted House.  Your brother of course doing that awesome Frankie plate for you.  We gots a couple of cool brothers.  ;)

Toy Ranch

poseablemonster

Good stuff, Jeff, congrats!
I got some very old Topstone Halloween masks this week.  Most of these are pictured in the 1960 Topstone catalog:
The "Fortyniner"

The "Goof"

"Pig-Tails"

and my favorite..."The Witch".  I believe this is the same one that you could order from the early issues of Famous Monsters

raycastile

That cardboard haunted house is really cool, as are the Topstone masks.  I especially like the Goof.
Raymond Castile

poseablemonster

Quote from: raycastile on October 30, 2008, 02:48:12 AM
That cardboard haunted house is really cool, as are the Topstone masks.  I especially like the Goof.
My mother-in-law dropped by last night, and remarked that "The Goof" looks a lot like a character called "Mortimer Snerd" from her younger days.

packy120353

Aaah Edgar Bergen..from all of our younger days...

aura of foreboding

Quote from: CreepyJeff on October 29, 2008, 06:28:51 PM
Thank you.  I set up at the Kane County (IL) toy show as a dealer twice a year and another vendor had this.  I had never seen this before and she tried to sell it for $70 a couple years ago.  Offered it at $35 and sold it to me for $30.  Haven't shown it to my three year old yet (who LOVES chicken McNuggets) and not sure I'm going to for a while.  I can see it getting trashed!  Thanks for the sentiments.

That's a great deal on that!  Yeah, you might want to keep it hidden away for a little bit.  You don't want it to meet a Bride of Frankenstein end.