Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareee

Actually every year I unearth my halloween stuff its "new" again.. ;) Especially those after halloween clearance items.

chrisnurse

Quote from: Toy Ranch on October 04, 2008, 07:37:25 PM
This isn't new to me, but I found it while excavating storage, lol.  I bought these from MacFrugals several years ago, the store that became Big Lots.  Never seen anything this cool there since.  I love these guys!

Oh man, they're great. Very Mexican looking. I love 'em!
You can't kill the Boogeyman

Monsters For Sale

I don't suppose this is much of a "find" to an advanced group of collectors like we have at the UMA, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Do any of you know anything about this 6.5 inch plastic cup?  When was it made and who distibuted it - a fast food chain, maybe?

If it is one in a series, I'd like to see pictures of any other cups.
ADAM

The Phantom Creep

ChrisNurse, that dino jiggler is the Ben Cooper Godzilla.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

packy120353

Well my weekly find was finally time to finish painting something that could also go in the Halloween Watch thread - remember this?

There were three others being sold to match so now I have the complete set all painted up - (disclaimer: I do not consider myself more than an average painter) but here they are:

Van Helsing style?

And for effect, how they look all together on a shelf

Not Universal my any means but a neat fun CHEAP project!

poseablemonster

raycastile

I saw those at a store and said "nah."  But if they had been painted like that, I probably would have bought them.  The werewolf kind of reminds me of Curse of the Demon.  Dracula looks very androgynous. I think the paint job really transforms the Bride from something that doesn't work into something that does work very well.
Raymond Castile

Bogey

I think they look very cool on your shelf, Packy.

Gasport

Packy,
           Speaking as proud owner of one of your Frankenstein examples, i have to encourage you not to sell yourself short. No need for any disclaimers, you do TERRIFIC work. You transformed an item i really didn't think twice about at the store into a piece i proudly display side by side with my vintage monster collectibles. Your Bride is the perfect companion. Keep up the great work! Wish we could get together and jam sometime. [I love Joe Walsh!, Especially "ILBT's"!] I teach guitar and have had the unbelievable good fortune to record 2 CD's with my childhood hero Zacherley.
                                          Mike

hhwolfman

Packy you have been busy. Very nice. HHW

avenger

Packy,
    A great addition to any monster display !! Beautiful job !!

Jim Bertges

You've really done a superior job on all of these. I skipped "The Bride" when I saw her in the store, but your paint job really improves her look. I may have to go back and pick one up. You have provided wonderful inspiration.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

packy120353

Well thank you all for the nice sentiments. "you've made an old man...very...happy..." The only thing easier than painting them is giving them away and I wish I had a enough of all of them to paint and send to everybody. I've seen some jaw dropping paint-ups by talented UMA group members including our own modest General. Hey maybe next year they'll make Mummy, Creature and Phantom busts, one can always hope.

pk

Toy Ranch

Quote from: packy120353 on October 06, 2008, 11:40:59 AM
Well thank you all for the nice sentiments. "you've made an old man...very...happy..." The only thing easier than painting them is giving them away and I wish I had a enough of all of them to paint and send to everybody. I've seen some jaw dropping paint-ups by talented UMA group members including our own modest General. Hey maybe next year they'll make Mummy, Creature and Phantom busts, one can always hope.

pk

Packy and I exchanged some dollar store items we found in our areas recently, and he was kind enough to throw in a painted Frankenstein bust.  It was a delightful surprise and even better in person than in the photos.  He's far too modest about his painting skill.  I thought it was a factory paint job until I read this.  Thanks Paul~!

Bogey

A couple ACE paperbacks:

From the web:
Armageddon 2419 A.D. is Philip Francis Nowlan's novella which first appeared in the August 1928 issue of the pulp magazine Amazing Stories. Later, in the 1960s, the novella and its sequel, The Airlords of Han, were combined by editor Donald A. Wollheim into one paperback novel, titled Armageddon 2419 A.D. The characters and setting eventually evolved into Buck Rogers.

and

Between the title and the cover, I could not pass it up.  ;D