Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisnurse

Atomic Candy always has great items, I wanted to buy the 'wear a weirdo's' but shipping generally costs more than the item to the UK,  then you get hit by a heafty import tax. There are so few monster items that come up on ebay UK :'(
You can't kill the Boogeyman

hhwolfman

Quote from: raycastile on September 07, 2008, 08:07:40 AM
Here's another weekly find.

A set of AHI wind up walkers:

The carded Kong came from HHWolfman.  The loose Creature and Godzilla came from Atomic Candy.

I

He has found a new home. Thanks for taking him in. HHW

raycastile

Yes, the pencil toppers are the same ones from the auction.

Quote from: chrisnurse on September 07, 2008, 11:21:22 AM
Hey Ray. Fantastic items! Are the pencil toppers from the recent ebay auction? I love the slime label, very, very cool! :)
Raymond Castile

raycastile

How does this import tax work?  When do you have to pay it?  How do they know what you're buying and how much it is worth?

Quote from: chrisnurse on September 07, 2008, 12:08:09 PM
Atomic Candy always has great items, I wanted to buy the 'wear a weirdo's' but shipping generally costs more than the item to the UK,  then you get hit by a heafty import tax. There are so few monster items that come up on ebay UK :'(
Raymond Castile

poseablemonster

Congratulations on the pencil toppers!  Those are pretty sweet!  Love that carded AHI walker, too. 
My only weekly finds this week are repairs to my old van!  :'( 

Dr.Terror

I love the walker cards, but I thought AHI walker had AHI copyright info on them, and the creature had green creature specific feet?

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

chrisnurse

Quote from: raycastile on September 07, 2008, 06:45:40 PM
How does this import tax work?  When do you have to pay it?  How do they know what you're buying and how much it is worth?
Hi Ray,
It's a mystery! I thought you were taxed on items over £100 but a friend said it's over £18. The problem is that UK customs make the charge and then the Post Office charge you the same on top for handling UK customs.

I got a Lincoln Mummy a few weeks back from a guy in Texas. Got him for a good price but by the time I paid shipping and import tax, I had paid over double the items price.

It's a serious bummer as it means that it is often too expensive to buy items from the USA, and ebay UK just doesn't have many decent items – the occasional ruined Ahi or Remco figure, but that's about it. :'( :'(

fmofmpls

Couldn't find 'em, so I built 'em. You can too .. soon enough.

Candy boxes and display designs by our own Mike Scott.

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

NekroDave

That box is awesome! Is he making a diagram of that to printout as well? Did I miss that? Yesterday I finally put all the pic he's done on a disc and brought them somewhere to print them out. (Of course the printer was broken where I went so it didn't happen.) But man, I'd love to have one of those boxes!

Mike Scott

Quote from: NekroDave on September 08, 2008, 02:51:08 PM
Is he making a diagram of that to printout as well?

Already made, but I wanted Terry to make a test box to make sure is was going to work. I have to make a few adjustments and then I will post links to the pics.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

CreepyJeff

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 08, 2008, 03:26:40 PM
Already made, but I wanted Terry to make a test box to make sure is was going to work. I have to make a few adjustments and then I will post links to the pics.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!  That is WONDERFUL!  Great to see and can't wait to get the design!  Thanks fellas!!!

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

chrisnurse

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 08, 2008, 03:26:40 PM

Oh man, these are very, very cool. Nice work Mike! :)

Bogey

Thank you Mike for putting all this together.

Getter_1

I had an amazing week in terms of weekly finds. 

First, I got a package from my friend in Japan  that included a Pilot Ace vinyl of the Cyclops from 7th Voyage of Sinbad...

And then I went to a toy show and flea market and picked up the following...

Note that the Aurora Frankenstein's Flivvr and Mummy's Charriot were eBay purchases (very reasonably priced!!)

I am now very cash poor but toy culture rich.

ramsey37

Cool, looks like you got two different Guilala figures in that shipment from Japan! I need friends like that ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.