Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsterkid71

*post deleted due to complete brain function shutdown*

Crazy1van

This past week I acquired the Wolf Man Motionette for $30 (in person, so no s/h).  Also got Curse of the Werewolf finger puppet from a couple years ago, 12" sideshow color Wolf Man figure, Wolf Man and Mummy pencil sharpener / busts, 4" walking, singing wolf man, candle busts of Mummy, Wolf Man, Gill Man, & Frankenstein Monster, Jakks Pacific Wolf Man, Dracula, & Frankenstein Monster figures, and a collection of dvds far too varied to go into. 

I should maybe mention I just got back from the Fright Night Film Fest, and many of these finds came from Mad Frog's Monsterland Toys table.

Best of all may have been a film I saw though; Very well done for amature horror... BONNY & CLYDE MEET DRACULA!

With a title like that, how could it NOT be an instant classic?
Homo homini lupus
"Man is a wolf to man"

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Talbot.pdf

raycastile

Every Halloween season, I buy one Telco Motion-ette.  One a year is all I can afford!  Well, Halloween came a little bit early this year. 

I've wanted a Telco "avocado" werewolf since I saw him at Spencer Gifts nearly 20 years ago.  I actually like him better than the brown version.  The idea of a green werewolf is just so...odd.  And I like his orange and black costume.

Though the box is a little rough, the toy itself is in minty-mint condition.  I don't think it has ever been used.

It came with its original Telco shipping box.

It looks like Telco shipped these things direct to customer's homes?  Did they sell direct to the public?

I wonder if Judy still lives there...

I actually bid on this guy from my hotel room in Brazil.  Ha!  No matter what else is going on, I'm never too distracted to buy monster toys. 

He wasn't cheap, but he was about half what I've seen him go for in the past.  So I decided to take the plunge.  Now I have my Telco Motion-ette for 2008.  Next year, I'm getting a Devil.  He's probably my favorite Motion-ette, maybe tied with the Red Death.  But man, those Devils are expensive!  I better start saving now.
Raymond Castile

chrisnurse

Quote from: raycastile on August 24, 2008, 06:12:43 AM
Every Halloween season, I buy one Telco Motion-ette.  One a year is all I can afford!  Well, Halloween came a little bit early this year. 

That's a great Motion-ette! I think these green ones are fantastic. Very odd indeed!
You can't kill the Boogeyman

Monster Bob

It's Woof-Woof! (He's green, too.)

NekroDave

Ha, gotta love the internet. So, are you gonna call Judy and ask her how she got it? How she parted with it? If she wants it back??  ;D

avenger

Great find Raymond ! Gotta love those "traditional" monsters !!!!

raycastile

No, I'm not bothering her.  She might say, "Oh, so YOU'RE the one who stole that off my porch in 1991!"

Quote from: NekroDave on August 24, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
Ha, gotta love the internet. So, are you gonna call Judy and ask her how she got it? How she parted with it? If she wants it back??  ;D
Raymond Castile

poseablemonster

I don't think I 've ever seen that green wolfman.  Great looking motionette!

chrisnurse

I just won this guy on ebay. I got him for $60.99 - not sure if that's a little pricey? I have been after one for a while and suffered auction madness in the last few seconds and just kept bidding!

michblk

Hey Chris, love those blow molded Creatures!

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

raycastile

Those Creatures go up and down in price.  I have two.  I paid $150 for my first one, many years ago when they first appeared on ebay.  Years later, I bought one for around $40 in much better condition.  There was a period when it seemed there was one of these per week on ebay.  Prices went down into the $30 range.  Then they started drying up.  You don't see them listed so often these days.  I think the price has increased accordingly.
Raymond Castile

chrisnurse

Cheers guys! I really wanted one, and $65 was my limit really, I love these toys - so was very happy with the win. I love Mexican toys, they have a really strange quality!

poseablemonster

I think you paid a good price for it.  Like Ray, I paid more for mine when they started showing up on eBay years ago.