Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhwolfman

Quote from: Dr.Terror on December 11, 2007, 12:07:23 AM
Not sure if this thread includes Ebay. I never find stuff in my neck of the woods. 

Yes please Ebay or anywhere you find stuff. Everyone post your latest finds. Come on I know others found cool stuff last week. The Game is real cool. I love fireworks and those Masks are amazing.  ;D

jimm

The Drunken Severed Head

The translation of Johnny Craig's  and Graham Ingel's designs into rubber masks is beautiful!

About the fireworks-- I got a trivia question. (For everyone, but aimed at Dan Roebuck in particular.) Can you name the actor whose ghostly, grinning image we see in that closeup?

Monster Bob

Toy Ranch

Thanks guys, Monstroza really does a great job.  Look at his Jack Davis Frankenstein, EC Zombie and others:

http://home.mlode.com/~spain/vxxmasks.jpg

These are the classic Topstones he's offering:

http://home.mlode.com/~spain/vxxmasks2.JPG

fmofmpls

Quote from: The Drunken Severed Head on December 11, 2007, 10:47:02 AM
I got a trivia question. (For everyone, but aimed at Dan Roebuck in particular.) Can you name the actor whose ghostly, grinning image we see in that closeup?

I think I know that one Max - Bernard Jukes? That pic depicts his stage rendition of Renfield. Correct?
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Incredible thread guys! Really dig the firecrackers! Roback, I'm afraid I'm going to have to report you to Homeland Security with all of your explosive contraband! Glad I don't live next door to your house. Things that go boom in the night!  :)

The Phantom Creep

Hey Drunken Head, are you talking about the closeup on that firework I posted?
I didn't name who that was on purpose to see who the first person to get it right would be.
Surprisingly nobody has even commented on it!

Congrats Terry, you nailed it though. Bernard Jukes as Renfield!! I don't find it that odd to see the Wolfman or maybe Frankenstein on a firework, but Renfield?!?!? And then it's not even Dwight Fry! I mean that's kinda obscure. Especially just on some cheapo firework that I bought in South Carolina.

Well anyway, Max is it?, thanks for bringing it back up!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

The Drunken Severed Head

That image of Jukes is known to Monster Kids because he graced the cover of FM #18; Forry later was made up to recreate that shot.

"Course you all knew that.

Roback

Quote from: fmofmpls on December 11, 2007, 01:52:19 PM
Incredible thread guys! Really dig the firecrackers! Roback, I'm afraid I'm going to have to report you to Homeland Security with all of your explosive contraband! Glad I don't live next door to your house. Things that go boom in the night!  :)

After I read your post, I just had to photograph some of the larger stuff that was left over from this years show. Ya know Terry, these have quite the range ya know?  Is your castle fortified? ;D  Rat me out will ya.  ;)

Robert Acquarulo

fmofmpls

Quote from: Roback on December 11, 2007, 10:29:08 PM
After I read your post, I just had to photograph some of the larger stuff that was left over from this years show. Ya know Terry, these have quite the range ya know?  Is your castle fortified? ;D  Rat me out will ya.  ;)

My dear Roback. Neither rain, nor snow, nor werewolf firecarckers can bring these castle walls down. It's fortified alright. Fortified with the wrath of woman. She goes by the name of Giovanna, and when you light her fuse, the whole damn town could be blown to bits! Watchdog indeed.  :)

Kenneth

What a great section! Maybe I'll find some monster treasure to share here. Love those masks!!! Especially the EC Characters. Will these be for sale from his website?

raycastile

I thought I was the only person fascinated by fireworks packaging!  I don't collect it, because 99 percent of it has nothing to do with monsters.  But every July 4, I love browsing the fireworks tents, just to look at the packaging.  I almost never buy fireworks.  I just like the artwork.  Does anyone else think that the painting style on a lot of 60s Marx toy packaging is very similar to fireworks graphics?
Raymond Castile

poseablemonster

Quote from: raycastile on December 13, 2007, 03:45:33 AM
I thought I was the only person fascinated by fireworks packaging!  I don't collect it, because 99 percent of it has nothing to do with monsters.  But every July 4, I love browsing the fireworks tents, just to look at the packaging.  I almost never buy fireworks.  I just like the artwork.  Does anyone else think that the painting style on a lot of 60s Marx toy packaging is very similar to fireworks graphics?
Yes, I think there is a connection in the style somehow.  For whatever reason, I've always been fascinated by fireworks packaging, too.  Even as a kid, I would try to save at least one of each kind of package that I was able to get.  Pretty weird connection there, but my guess is that it has something to do with the artwork...

The Phantom Creep

I picked these up awhile back. The box is older but I'm not exactly sure of the age. I don't think it's older than the 80's.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"