Author Topic: Show off your Weekly Finds.  (Read 890117 times)

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
Re: Show off your Weekly Finds.
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:44 PM »
Dude, you raked!

monsterphile

• Sergeant Major
  • UMA member since September 29, 2003
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »
I didn't pick up a whole lot at Monster Mania.  I did pick up a Polar Lights King Kong's Thronester (yet another model exiled to the basement for someday...).    I got a 12" Sideshow Hunchback for $15.  I wish they had done a Laughton instead though.  Best of all was the 2nd edition Tingler from Ultratumba.  I believe the original was put out as The ?ingler due to legal fees.  This one comes in a great window box with images from the film.  However, I think I like the idea of having it sit on my desk or some such idea (we'l see). 

It sure is a friendly pet!

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
That's very cool, Rob~! 

The Phantom Creep

• Sergeant
  • Used to be ZOMBOPHOTO
    • MySpace
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »
I have the Tingler that came in the ?ingler box. I didn't realize that he had re-released it in an official box. I love that thing but I REALLY wish he hadn't put that face on it. It looks terrible. Still it's an awesome thing to have.  ;)

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
Amok Toys has a blurb on thier page that an official Tingler is now available, with pics of him as well...

packy120353

• Sergeant
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2008, 03:52:27 AM »
Rob nice creeping horror! Ewww! But what's that tan thing crawling up it? Mwwahaha!

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2008, 11:13:48 AM »
I  need to save some money for a toy show, nice finds and some killer prices.

Here's my new haul.  Looks like my Ebay sales are slowing down with my comics but maybe I'll have better luck with my G.I. Joe and He-Man stuff.

More additions to my Marx monsters.  Like I mentioned in the Marx Monster post all I need is blue Creature & orange Frankenstein, so I decided to start expanding into the repro's of various colors.  Picked up the Wolfman & Phantom for $5.  I think people stayed away from them because of the paint but my blue Frankenstein came with paint on it and I just used my wife's nail polish to take it right off, you'd never know it was painted.

The packaged collection of Toy Island Bela Lugosi figures; regular, translucent blue and glow versions

Just got this one in the mail today!  Been kicking myself in the butt that I didn't pick this one (or the Frankenstein bust) up when first released.  I didn't get a deal on this because I forgot to check the "Buy it now" prices but I also didn't break the bank on it, it was only slightly higher than original price.  A Frankenstein was just listed with a neck bolt missing and it still went for $130 so it'll be awhile for him to get added to the collection.

Oops...almost forgot won these at the end of last week and got them in the mail yesterday.  All I really needed (or as the wife would say, "Wanted.") was the Phantom & Creature to complete my glow set but they came as a lot.  My other glow versions are actually in better shape than any of these, most of these only have partial glow on the face.

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »
Cuz Sara/vpdogjoe gifted me with a find she snagged at a local auction the other day--It's Hasbro, and I would guess it's from a play set--but I dunno which or what or when.  UMA brothers, fill me in on what I've got here!  Mummy is inside, with 3 plastic jewels!

Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2008, 03:16:27 PM »
That's the accessory for the G.I. Joe Secret of the Mummy's Tomb playset, came out in the 70's.

typhooforme

• Sergeant Major
  • "The Monster was the best friend I ever had."
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
Thanks, Andy!  Answer in little over 20 min.  No wonder I love you guys.  A whole batallion of Walking Encyclopedias!
Robert in Ohio

"I donít care what they do, so long as they donít do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

thatwasmyfoot

• New Recruit
  • Give me back my hand...
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »
Oh how I loved that toy! That was my introduction into the world of G.I. Joe on my fourth birthday, but I didn't care so much for Joe as I did that mummy. Outstanding.

ramsey37

• Sergeant
  • See you in your dreams, kids!
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2008, 07:50:04 PM »

I got my set Christmas 1973. You can kinda see the Mummy case near the ATV in my pic.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
I liked it, so I made a cgi one a year or so ago!

Roback

• Corporal
    • Megocentral
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2008, 06:13:49 PM »
Had some good luck in removing one of those big ugly price stickers off of a boxed Remco Mummy. This was sitting in an eBay store for over a month but I kept passing on it due to the sticker. Once I saw a similar boxed Mummy sell without a sticker for well over $130.00 I decided to snatch this one and take a chance. I offered $40.00 and the seller accepted. Below is what it looked like with the sticker, the image on top after I removed it.
I was lucky that the residue didn't harden like a rock. It was still sticky which made for a much easier removal.

Robert Acquarulo

Gasport

• Sergeant
  • pull my finger...
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
WOW.... Nice job removing that sticker!! You gotta have some kind of magic touch to do THAT. You should package it and sell it to fellow monster toy lunatics like us, who have dozens of  old carded toys with annoying price stickers blocking the view. Again, NICE JOB!