Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roback

I just picked these two guys up for a song which is why I can tolerate some fraying on Dracula's cape. Two more added to the army!

Robert Acquarulo

marsattacks666

nOT ToO bad....... BuT, wHy iS tHe AHI MUMMY wEaRiNg tHe MeGo MUMMY's ClOtHEs?
WaS HiS OThEr SuIT iN tHe ClEaNeRS? Lol!!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Getter_1

Wow. I actually have something to show off... It's been so long. :(

I just got these.  I'm pretty happy with them.  Now to get the last one (Shrieker). 

Street Worm

Oh Wow! Lindberg, right?
What's the date on those?

They sure made some wild stuff.....
I especially dig their  (Finkish) 'Lindy Loonys'  ;D

Inkfink

Cool! Can you post the pieces too?

Mitchellmania

I had one of these light up Godzillas, and sold it. But I found one at a good price!

draculafan

great finds getter_1, roback, and mitchellmania  :)
everybody shout time for the goolies get together

Getter_1

The Lindberg Glo-Monsters are marked 1971.  Unfortunately (fortunately for others, I guess) the kits are sealed.  They are in great shape.  There is some bending on the cards but they look like they're brand new.  Heck, the holes aren't even punched out of them. 

I'd love to get the Lindy Loonys.  They made some cool stuff.  Kind of underappreciated, in my opinion.

monsteraholic

Found these this week.  How many times have you seen the BACK-WHACKER in the back of your Monster of Filmland Mags?  Fortunately the box is in good condition but

it is the box only, has anyone ever seen the model for sale?  The album was made by Disney in 1969 and it is an 11 page story book inside the cover.
Are we there yet?

Moonshadow

here are some goodies I got at Wonder Con in San Francisco this weekend. It's a mix of toys and photos/posters:

I was especially pleased with the signed Peter Mayhew photo, as I missed him at a previous con last year. We talked about the old and new Chewbacca suits and how they differed, and about his Minoton gear for "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger". It was early on the first day and I may have been the first person to see him. He was very pleasant!

Moonshadow

The dream is now reality - I managed to acquire a Sideshow 12" Wolf Man for under $50 off ebay. So now, the battle I always wanted to see, the Wolf Man vs. the Boris Karloff Frankenstein's Monster, has come to life!

The detail on these guys is just amazing....

Wolfy takes up so much room, I had to relocate some of the guys. Here's what's playing in the downstairs theater (shelf):

I feel like I am about 8 years old again. I just stare and stare at the two monsters. I think I have a problem....

Inkfink

I think we all have that problem!

BaronLatos35

I kept staring at them as well...looks great Moonshadow.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Wicked Lester

Something that adds to a display is back drops. All you need is time to find cemetery /haunted house etc pics and print them out on decent photo paper.If you have to edit it and make it print out in 2-3 pieces it's easy with double sided tape to piece together. A woodscape or bog scene would look AWESOME behind Moonshadows set up.

Moonshadow

Hey Lester, you know I tried something sort of like that. I took a collage of Universal horror poster from inside of a book and copied it, and put it up behind the figures, but I felt it took attention away from the figures. But I like your idea of a scene behind them, especially like a creepy marsh. That might have to be a weekend project!