Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tv horror

There's something hypnotic about those eyes, Oh great and all seeing mystic eye what are the next lottery numbers. Oh shoot trust me to get one that can't do math!
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

GAKENSTEIN

I've not seen these at my Target.  What section of the store are they to found?  Toys??  Glasses?? Lingerie??
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

Gasport

In the toy dept. I was lucky to find them as they were on a bottom shelf, just sort of randomly placed among other unrelated stuff. Not like there were a lot of them anyway...maybe like six or seven.

packy120353

I finally have a weekly find from a few weeks ago, and with it an ID question - I went on craigslist and did a search "for sale/halloween" and one listing came up as "halloween figures" with a picture of these:

I am happy to report that these three were all the large plug-in versions. When I got them home I realized I don't recognize The Witch. She's on a Telco style base that only says "Made in Taiwan". Her arms move and the skull lights up. No sound but there's a speaker in the base. I don't recognize her from any Telco Witches I have seen and I wonder if she is a homemade number. Her face and costume are more ornate than I have seen on Telco motionettes. Very well done. I'm ecstatic to have found the Frank and Wolfman neither which I had in the large size. I will be selling Witchy Woman. If anyone can help ID her I would be grateful. If anyone is interested in buying or trading for her let me know. I will be posting her in the Monsters for Sale thread.  Here's a close up - BOO!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Gasport on February 07, 2010, 05:18:00 AM
Was very pleased to find these banks still available at Target. Some ebay auctions are starting these out at almost 50 bucks for an opening bid, saying they're sold out...! They had all 3 examples at my local Target here on eastern LI. Picked up one for me and a good friend of mine for his Bday in May.

I'm diggin' the Mystic Eyes
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

tv horror

Aw Packy ya could have warned us, warts and all... What a kisser.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I started a whole separate thread about those Boardwalk Banks and the Mystic Eye weeks ago. I didn't know they were that hard to find. Here's a little something cool I found at Half Price Books last night. I seem to remember a series of Castle Books with this font from the 70s. This one has a GREAT ghostly green cover. It's "The Illustrated Guide to Ghosts"!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on February 11, 2010, 08:46:34 PM
I started a whole separate thread about those Boardwalk Banks and the Mystic Eye weeks ago. I didn't know they were that hard to find. Here's a little something cool I found at Half Price Books last night. I seem to remember a series of Castle Books with this font from the 70s. This one has a GREAT ghostly green cover. It's "The Illustrated Guide to Ghosts"!

That is really cool!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

hhwolfman

This was one of my favorite toys, when I was a young Cub. I kept most of my monster toys, but this one disappeared. It took me over 35 years to get another. Welcome back my old friend. Most people have seen the More Common Castle of Frankenstein Colorforms, from the 70's. This one is from the 60's and bit rarer. I need Three pieces to complete it. Any one have em???

The pieces glow in the Dark.

How I remember it looking , When I first opened it that Christmas Morn.

poseablemonster

Gasport

VERY COOL!! So, does it still GLOW?

hhwolfman

The Creeper

Long live the UMA!

marsattacks666

aura of foreboding

Packy, I posted some info for you in your Monsters for Sale thread.  Not too much, but hopefully it helps put the witch into a little more perspective.