Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Smith Monsternut

I just picked this up..

and these.

Want to see more of my new updated Monster Game room ? go here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomscolor/sets/72157607920509659/

Best..
Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

packy120353

Wow I love those huge light up faces! Still hoping to find it around here, a couple more places to check befoe I "surrender Dorothy".

michblk

Neat room Tom, looks like you have a little bit of everything in there.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

aura of foreboding

Tom,

Where did you find those faces?  I want them so badly.  They look just like the awesome Rubies masks from the early 1990s. 
If anybody can tell me where these are being sold, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Tom Smith Monsternut

I bought them and the big Skull in Halloween express store here in NJ.
best..
Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

aura of foreboding

Thanks, Tom.  I don't have a Halloween Express.  Maybe they will show up somwhere else next year. 

packy120353

Thanks Tom - - - I do have a Halloween Express and it's full of nothing but BLECH. Someday I will find the Frank hanging face!

The Creeper

Cool room!  A real nice collection you have there!
Long live the UMA!

Barlow

I saw this at one of those Halloween USA stores near me (Chicagoland/suburbs). It's one of those pictures that changes appearance when you look at it from different angles. Cool medusa!

Couldn't get the proper angle with the camera to make all the snakes in the first pic disappear, but in real life, it worked perfectly!

ramsey37

I made a shopping trip to Bowling Green, Ky on Monday and made a few lucky finds. At the Party One store I found this guy:

Yep, it's the Sonic Vampire of song and legend ;) Here's a shot of him "flying" in my room:

and a side shot:

After three tries, I was actually able to catch his green eyes in mid-flicker:

And just to bore you further, a few shots of his original box:

After picking up this guy, I stopped at a Walgreen's to see what they had in the Halloween section. The only thing of interest was a buttload of old stock Universal Monsters candles. I picked up one of each:

Sadly, they had no Brides or Draculas, though.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

MadCow

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on October 19, 2009, 08:45:41 PM
I bought them and the big Skull in Halloween express store here in NJ.
best..
Tom

Tom, i'm in NJ as well. What town was this Halloween Express in? I'd love to have those lights for my new collection room...

Quote from: ramsey37 on October 20, 2009, 09:55:45 AM
After picking up this guy, I stopped at a Walgreen's to see what they had in the Halloween section. The only thing of interest was a buttload of old stock Universal Monsters candles. I picked up one of each:

Sadly, they had no Brides or Draculas, though.
George

Argh! This drives me nuts. Everyone has been posting awesome UM finds at Walgreens but mine have NOTHING of the sort...  >:(

AHI Creature

OK I think I finally found something cool enough to put on this thread, here's my 1991 Hamilton plastic Creature I got on ebay.  I have seen these before on Ebay but I don't think I have seen it on UMA before.  (is it too new, at 18 years old for the battle-hardened, grisled UMA crew?)  Anyway, I would have gotten one a long time ago if I had any idea how cool and GINORMOUS this thing is, as you can see in the photo it TOWERS over my 8" AHI figure (included for size reference), it is 14 inches tall, and I even think it is sort of cool that the head is 1/2 the size it oughta be.  It would be like me walking aroung with a head the size of a two year old. Any ideas what the deal with that is??  I was the only bidder at $24.99 plus shipping, and it came sealed in the original bag, and even has the original price tag on it.  The bag has on little slice in it I think to see the tag.  It also came in the original box.  Should I keep it in the bag, or would you guys mind if I opened it to play with it and display it?  I am sort of glad I don't have a collection of carded MIP figures cause I would wanna open them to play with them. 

Let me know anything I should know about this guy or just what you think of him.  Thanks

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: AHI Creature on October 22, 2009, 06:24:45 AM
It would be like me walking aroung with a head the size of a two year old. Any ideas what the deal with that is??  

Poor sculpting.

I was the only bidder at $24.99 plus shipping, and it came sealed in the original bag, and even has the original price tag on it.  The bag has on little slice in it I think to see the tag.  It also came in the original box.  Should I keep it in the bag, or would you guys mind if I opened it to play with it and display it?

$24.99 was the MSRP as I remember it. You should definately open it, more fun that way and nothing particularly unique about the package. Fun, large toy to have. Imagine if the sculpt had been worth a damn.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

HorrorFan88

OK I think I finally found something cool enough to put on this thread, here's my 1991 Hamilton plastic Creature I got on ebay.  I have seen these before on Ebay but I don't think I have seen it on UMA before.  (is it too new, at 18 years old for the battle-hardened, grisled UMA crew?)  Anyway, I would have gotten one a long time ago if I had any idea how cool and GINORMOUS this thing is, as you can see in the photo it TOWERS over my 8" AHI figure (included for size reference), it is 14 inches tall, and I even think it is sort of cool that the head is 1/2 the size it oughta be.  It would be like me walking aroung with a head the size of a two year old. Any ideas what the deal with that is??  I was the only bidder at $24.99 plus shipping, and it came sealed in the original bag, and even has the original price tag on it.  The bag has on little slice in it I think to see the tag.  It also came in the original box.  Should I keep it in the bag, or would you guys mind if I opened it to play with it and display it?  I am sort of glad I don't have a collection of carded MIP figures cause I would wanna open them to play with them. 

Let me know anything I should know about this guy or just what you think of him.  Thanks

I think he's quite cool....I don't have a collection yet so I know nothing of what's worth value and what isn't, but I think this creature is awesome looking & quite large  ;) I would definitely take him out of the package (seeing how it isn't in a cool box, just a plastic bag)....they are always more fun to display that way anyways!

dlhenderson