Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

Quote from: The Drunken Severed Head on June 25, 2009, 06:34:12 AM

The Mona Lisa was a Mani-Yak??? Well, her image did actually creep me out as a kid...

Haha, no Max.  The Mona Lisa is what most kids got when they were hoping for a Frankenstein or Mummy.  Can you imagine saving your wrappers and sending away hoping to get a Frankenstein, but what arrives is a friggen Mona Lisa transfer?  Nothing wrong with old Mona, but I don't think many kids saving gum wrappers want to wear her as a shirt!

dlhenderson

That reminds me of spending like a dollar in nickels back in the day, trying to get a Phantom of the Opera flicker ring out of a gum ball machine. With every turn of the crank a Cinderella ring came tumbling out. What an insult!

packy120353

I went to a big ol Flea Market yesterday and found a couple things. A pair of Phantom masks, and what I thought was a pair of devil masks then when I got home I realized one of them is a Groucho Marx devil!? What th'??!!!

Some Spook Specs with Vampire Lady and who maybe Frank?

A couple minty Marx 6" Japanese and a Cthulu for President pin! (It says "Don't settle for the lesser evil")

last but not least...ok it is least...a Troll Frankenstein mask (I am not a troll fan but what the heck) and a handful of Archer spacemen.

My goal in life is to catch up to Raymond's junk. Someday I will have as much junk as Ray and even send him extra of my junk while doing it.

poseablemonster

That is a great haul, Paul!  That Phantom mask is on my wanted list!  Very nice.

NekroDave

I like the Cthulu pin. That's a great slogan.

Bogey

Love the spacemen, Paul.  Nice snag!

raycastile

Those Phantom masks are super-sweet.  Paul and Andy, what is the story on those?  When were they made and who made them?
Raymond Castile

Gasport

EXCELLENT SCORE, Paul! All terrific stuff, but i agree those Phantom masks are over the top...Congrats!!

dlhenderson

When I was a kid in the 50's, my older brother had a birthday cake decorated with those spacemen. I think the set up included a rocket.

aura of foreboding

Those Phantom masks are definitely "phantastic"!   :D  I just love the look and feel of them! 

packy120353

Thanks everyone for enjoying the pics. Ray I have no idea what the story is on those Phantoms or the Groucho devil. Condition-wise they could have come off the rack yesterday except the elastic isn't elastic anymore. I would be interested in learning more.

lblambert

I'm not sure if this one counts since I've owned this Telco Frankie Motionette since it was new. After it disappeared about 15 years ago, I thought it was long gone. At least that's what I thought until I was cleaning out the basement this afternoon and found it in the bottom of a box. After a quick trip to Walmart I popped in a few fresh batteries and found it still works like new!

poseablemonster

Quote from: raycastile on July 04, 2009, 06:44:25 PM
Those Phantom masks are super-sweet.  Paul and Andy, what is the story on those?  When were they made and who made them?
I am not sure about the Phantom mask, either.  I have seen it in a couple people's collections, and always liked it a lot. 

raycastile

Quote from: poseablemonster on July 05, 2009, 01:09:51 AM
I am not sure about the Phantom mask, either.  I have seen it in a couple people's collections, and always liked it a lot. 

Doesn't the MPC Pop-Top "vampire" have a head wound like that Phantom?  I know Dr. Deadly does, too.  Just wondering what the inspiration might be.  That might be a clue as to when the mask was made.
Raymond Castile

raycastile

This is the best kind of weekly find – discovering a long lost toy!

Quote from: lblambert on July 05, 2009, 12:45:44 AM
I'm not sure if this one counts since I've owned this Telco Frankie Motionette since it was new. After it disappeared about 15 years ago, I thought it was long gone. At least that's what I thought until I was cleaning out the basement this afternoon and found it in the bottom of a box. After a quick trip to Walmart I popped in a few fresh batteries and found it still works like new!

Raymond Castile