Author Topic: Show off your Weekly Finds.  (Read 1001675 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: Show off your Weekly Finds.
« Reply #6765 on: February 01, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
I remember walking by it many times but sadly I never went in. Did it compare favorably with the Tulip?

Yes. The steak at Lindy's was even more affordable than the steak at the Tulip. Peas were always a side at Lindy's with either fries or mashed potatoes. At the Tulip a thick slice of raw onion together with a generous slice of buttered bread were provided in addition to mashed potatoes.

Unfortunately the Tulip just closed its doors after ninety years in business on New Year's Day due to another rent increase.

Tulip Closes - The Toronto Star

:(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:30:54 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6766 on: February 04, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
Scored this today

Fangoria #68

....and.....

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #6767 on: March 23, 2020, 09:25:20 PM »
Here's a small find I just received.

This 3" Button/Pinback from The House of Frankenstein, Lake George, New York was made by Best Seal, New York, 1979. 

It must be scarce.  I think it is only the 2nd I've seen for sale in the over 20 years I have been collecting.  The other went for an insane price many years ago.  I felt quite lucky when I snagged this one for $15.00 in an eBay Buy-It-Now with two other little junk items.

The button designer must have liked the Aurora Frankenstein Model graphics.

I was watching an eBay auction for one of these.  It just sold for $135 + $5 shipping + tax.  My old pre-tax find is looking pretty good these days.
ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #6768 on: March 23, 2020, 11:09:02 PM »
I was watching an eBay auction for one of these.  It just sold for $135 + $5 shipping + tax.  My old pre-tax find is looking pretty good these days.

You really did luck out on that one!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website