Author Topic: Show off your Weekly Finds.  (Read 913457 times)

Bogey

• Sergeant
Re: Show off your Weekly Finds.
« Reply #1590 on: June 27, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Friday night, my wife and I went to a local auction that is held weekly around here.  

2 8mm films, one Disney and one a Charlie Chaplin film (with a generic box)

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #1591 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »
WOW........some great scores this week!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #1592 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »
Greetings! I haven't been posting much for weekly finds lately. A major life change plus not getting around to figuring out my mac (i-photo is NOT Photoshop!). That said, I did have some fun at a local flea market recently. First, I'm attempting to recreate a facsimile of my original Marx Prehistoric Playset, and I came across the elusive "Pot Belly T rex", no doubt made by Marx of Mexico but still prized by dino lovers. Marked fifty cents.

A bag of blow molded dinos -

A COOL shrunken head souvenir pencil!

Renzi Cornelius bank (same size as the large Renzi Kong)

And kinda weird but my brother picked up this Trendmasters big wacky Drac for me at a garage sale bless his heart.

Abuddaabuddaabuuda that's all folks!

I believe I have a Frankenstein's monster to go with your Dracula.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

hhwolfman

• Sergeant
  • Awwww Little Mamby Pamby
« Reply #1593 on: July 06, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted very much as of late, but life is so busy and slaps you in the face, every once in a while. This is what i found as of late.

6 Monster Tattoos 70s

Frankenstein Sticker Wrapper 60s

Strange Change Machined Boxed.

Tuscanny Dracula

Instant Monster Make Up Kit. Anybody know anything on this. I have never seen it before. Also anybody have one of those two grease pencils, with the round Makeup in the middles sets, for the bottom of it?  ;)

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #1594 on: July 06, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »
I was just poking around last night looking for a Strange Change Toy!  Congratulations hhwolfman! I've been looking for one, but I can't make a commitment, for some weird reason. I always refer to it as a Strange change Machine, that's what I used to call mine. Are you going to use it or leave it in the box? If you play with it, please take pictures to inspire me to get one    :)

Opera Ghost

• Sergeant
  • "To my Christine, I am forever Wed"
« Reply #1595 on: July 06, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
I was just poking around last night looking for a Strange Change Toy!  Congratulations hhwolfman! I've been looking for one, but I can't make a commitment, for some weird reason. I always refer to it as a Strange change Machine, that's what I used to call mine. Are you going to use it or leave it in the box? If you play with it, please take pictures to inspire me to get one    :)

Had the Strange Change model kit with the Vampire Casket, and wanted the Mummy/Sarcophagus.
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #1596 on: July 06, 2010, 05:28:08 PM »
I usually don't yearn for my old toys from the past, but I've been thinking about that smell that the Strange Change chamber had when it heated the plastic. Mmmmmm

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #1597 on: July 06, 2010, 05:55:17 PM »

Love the Tuscany Dracula, Mamby Pamby.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #1598 on: July 07, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »
I sure dig the instant Monster make-up kit.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

packy120353

• Sergeant
« Reply #1599 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »
So - there's a flea market every Sunday I've been meaning to hit but hadn't found time til today. Whaddya know - a big ol solid rubbery Creature jiggler! I think it's Mexican, nothing to support this, just by default. Here he is next to a Marx 6" figure for scale. The pic looks like his claws are chopped but it's just flash, they're all there. I like him!

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #1600 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:48 PM »
Yep, that's a Mexican bootleg cast from the Aurora model.  Nice find!

I found a Monster Make-Up mag, a wild looking Kong and a jiggler from the movie "Grizzly". 

monsterphile

• Sergeant Major
  • UMA member since September 29, 2003
« Reply #1601 on: July 11, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »
Was it really a tie-in from the movie GRIZZLY?  The poster from the film is really nice with art by Neal Adams if I recall correctly.

Rob

hhwolfman

• Sergeant
  • Awwww Little Mamby Pamby
« Reply #1602 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:25 PM »
I love the Movie Grizzly. Did it come with a tag, If that one didn't, is there a picture of it? Cool finds guys. HHW

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #1603 on: July 11, 2010, 10:47:05 PM »
It is a movie tie-in from that film.  It came with a tag originally, but mine doesn't have one.  I think Raymond might have one with a tag?

michblk

• Sergeant
  • Brian K
« Reply #1604 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
I love the Renzi Cornelius bank !  I used to have one, but it fell apart.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes