Author Topic: Show off your Weekly Finds.  (Read 942170 times)

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
Re: Show off your Weekly Finds.
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2008, 09:45:09 AM »
I couldn't decide if I should put this under the 'weekly finds' or 'Mad Labs' thread, I guess it works under either. Anyway, a long-elusive grail has arrived!

Holy crap! That's elusive alright! That's one heck of a score Bob! How long have you been tracking this prey for? Congrats on the kill! That's gonna look mighty fine in the trophy room!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »
I don't know for sure, but that certainly could be the toy I saw.  It might have been released as a generic dinosaur in the 80s, then repackaged as Rodan in the 90s.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Gasport2000/?action=view&current=Rodanimperial86003.jpg

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/Gasport2000/?action=view&current=Rodanimperial86002.jpg

Hey all,
            This is in reply to the query pertaining to the Rodan toy by Imperial. This one in the above links is stamped "Imperial Made in China 1986"  [no name] on his inner left wing. I don't recall it ever having a hang tag, but i'm sure i found it in one of those counter display boxes at Kay Bee or someplace like that. HE ALSO SQUEAKS! Just wondering if this is the one everyone was talking about? Please excuse my crappy photography, but i JUST opened the digital camera i got for Xmas TODAY and have a long way to go in learning how to use it. Hope this helps to solve the mystery surrounding the toy. I can take more pics if anyone desires. Enjoy,
                                       MG
Raymond Castile

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
My recent auctions of vintage Star Wars toys has afforded me the opportunity to add to my collection within the past few weeks. It all started with my win of the Aladdin lunchbox, now I just can't stop bidding (wish I couldn't stop losing) and has turned into this:

This was actually the first set of these I won and then I won the carded versions.

Not a bad set but missing both #5 Dracula cards

Nothing rare but just some stuff I've been eyeing for awhile.

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2008, 05:35:05 PM »
Cool monster stuff ZombieHorror!  That monster Old Maid set is the bomb and the rest of the stuff is great fun too.  Nice scores!

Monster Bob

• Sergeant
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »

Nice finds, ZombieH... I always liked that Imperial Wolfman...cool sculpt, esp. the hands and face. And what can you say about the Old Maid deck? A classic! One of my favorite monster toys as a kid. It took me years to find another deck as a high school punk. It was alot like the Munsters and Addams Remcos. When I was trying to find them in the late 70s, doll collectors and dealers alike looked at me like I was crazy when I told them that they made Remco Munsters/Addams, and that they were similar to the Beatles dolls (that you saw all the time). I knew they existed, I'd tell them, I had 'em as a tyke!

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2008, 11:45:53 PM »
Nice Zombie, your on a roll!
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2008, 08:57:27 AM »
I love the Monster Old Maid game!  I play it with the kids all the time.  People think I'm crazy to have spent $50 on a card game that we actually play with; but I know a lot of people who spend more than that on video games and probably don't have as much fun as we do. 

fmofmpls

• Army General
  • Play nice!
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
The Monster Old Maid game is the one monster item that I have the most warm memories of as a child. That game is very special to me. Spreading the cards all over the shag carpet at my grandmother's house was a routine of mine as a 6 yr old boy. I never really played the game of course, it was just having all these large cards of cool-looking monsters that captivated me.

I truly believe it was the Monster Old Maid game that wrecked my life. I could have been a doctor, a lawyer, an astronaut .. instead I ended up becoming a General at a monster forum. Nobody ever told me of the nonexistent salary of such a job. Arghh. I could have been a contender. 
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
More wins....
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
My wife informed me that she wants me to use my Ebay sales money to buy drywall for the basement but I say, "What good is drywall without the right monsters to hold it up?".  Even though she keeps telling me to quit bidding she has to see everything I get before it gets temporarily stored in the basement closet.

Here are some more recent wins;

The original versions of the Phantom & Creature along with their glowing friends; Dracula, the Frankenstein monster, the Mummy & wolfman and the previously won play case as a backdrop.

Marx Turquoise-I won Frankenstein first and he was very lonely so had to try to get the others still waiting for a turquoise Creature to pop up!

Marx Orange-Won the Creature seperate and Hunchback came along with the turquoise Phantom above.  Still got a ways to go to complete this set!

Coloring books are always a cheap thing to snag up on Ebay so I figured, "Why the hell not get these?".

This thing was up for a buck with no bidders so again I figure, "What the hell?  Might as well pick it up.".

I don't think I posted these before, won 'em a few weeks back;

Finally, I'm waiting on these arrivals:
Won the entire set of these;

This is another auction that no one seemed interested in but for $9.99 I just couldn't resist even if they're missing the top hats & canes.  These Dracula's were all used by their manufacturer (Figures Toy company) as displays, I'm assuming at Toy shows & conventions.

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »
I picked up this mask of Bela Lugosi as The Ape Man.

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2008, 07:01:23 PM »
Cool Bobby,

Never seen a Bela ape Man mask. 
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
Ooh, cool mask Bobby!  Is that one from John Denely?  Did he make it himself?

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
Ooh, cool mask Bobby!  Is that one from John Denely?  Did he make it himself?

Yes, I got it from Denley, and he said he got it from Dr Lady.  The hair work is definitely Laura Lady work, but I'm not sure about the sculpt.  I'm going to ask him about it, and I'll let you know.

It is an unusual piece for sure.

mike c

• Sergeant
  • A very fine day.
    • The Skull & Pumpkin, est. 1968
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
Nice mask... and zombiehorror, man! You're really packing it in! Nice haul!

Mike C.

Toy Ranch

• Army Administrator
  • d
  • Monster Geek
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
OK, David said it's a Pat Newman Moonfan recast that has been all haired up!