I have th coolest Frankenstein display anyone has seen!

Started by tadhays, October 10, 2012, 02:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vintagehalloweentoys

That is one cool Frankenstein display...It would look awesome displaying my vintage Halloween and monster toys!...maybe when I get a bit more time, I'll build something like it.

tadhays

How did you buy one? What did they cost you? Good job. I think I better paint job would ake him stellar!

Monsters For Sale

I struck out with my local liquor stores.  I did find one on eBay for $75.00.

Here is a picture of the CineArt busts I am using for size comparison.

The one on the left is a 90% Spencer Gifts bust.  The one on the right is a 100% life-sized, glow-in-the-dark bust.

Here is the Jim Beam display Header Kit bust:

Here they all are side-by-side:

From this angle, you can see the Jim Beam bust is a shelf-sitter:

And from the other side:

The neck bolts in the Jim Beam Bust are real bolts.  The left one had just fallen out before I took the picture.  Of course, I stuck it in at an angle.  After taking the pictures, I took it out and screwed it back in properly, so now it is straight and firmly seated.

Although unused, the Beam bust has a few paint chips - only on the hair & jacket.  Those in the hair are easily touched up with any black paint.  I am considering whether I want to patch the jacket with matching brown - or darken the whole garment.

Can't you just picture the Jim Beam bust in an old amusement park Fun House?

ADAM

Toy Ranch

Monsters For Sale

The "Frankenstein Header Kit" consists of only 3 pieces:

The hands are meant to be seen from one side only - they attach with double-sided tape:

According to tadhays:  "...I really don't care for the barrel, it's the Frankie and hands that you want. Not licensed by universal should make them very collectible. Next year will be a new monster, as well as every other season...." 

Do you know what other monsters are being considered?  Will there be a Pilgrim for Thanksgiving and a Santa for Christmas, etc.?

ADAM

Gillfan

3 thoughts:

1) These are very cool.
2) Universal is gonna have a fit when they see these.
3) For decades to come we will see these in eBay auctions described as something else. I'm guessing "theater promotional item" will be a big one.

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

How did I miss this? Jim Beam is in my own backyard here in Kentucky! I'll have to do some checking around to see if there are any of these displays left. I would have written an article about this for www.louisvillehalloween.com had I known about it.

Mord

Adam, I wouldn't touch up a single thing. This thing is amazing and should remain unretouched. The scuffs only add to it's rough appeal.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on November 06, 2012, 02:35:28 AM
Adam, I wouldn't touch up a single thing. This thing is amazing and should remain unretouched. The scuffs only add to it's rough appeal.

The little white spots are not as obvious in person as they are in the photos.

Maybe I should bang it up some more and sell it with the claim it came out of an old amusement park that closed down sometime in the '60's.

ADAM

Mord

I don't even know why you would want to sell it in the first place. You're THE Frankenstein collector. If you want to sell anything, sell me your glow in the dark Cine-art Dracula bust.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on November 06, 2012, 03:07:47 AM
I don't even know why you would want to sell it in the first place. You're THE Frankenstein collector. If you want to sell anything, sell me your glow in the dark Cine-art Dracula bust.

You must mean the G-I-T-D Frank bust.  Can't sell him - he's my night light.  You simply would not believe how brightly it glows.

ADAM

BijouBob8mm

QuoteI managed to locate this photo on an obscure blog that also contained mentions of a store called Total Wine.

That explains why they went with Frankenstein.  As Dracula himself said, he "never drinks wine...."

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 06, 2012, 04:21:18 AM
You must mean the G-I-T-D Frank bust.  Can't sell him - he's my night light.  You simply would not believe how brightly it glows.
I'm sorry, I thought that you had mentioned in a previous Cine-art thread that there were Unofficial glow-in-the-dark Lugosi busts. My mistake.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on November 07, 2012, 12:48:05 AM
I'm sorry, I thought that you had mentioned in a previous Cine-art thread that there were Unofficial glow-in-the-dark Lugosi busts. My mistake.

Nope.

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

This Frankenstein Header Kit just ended on eBay.  It was initially listed with a beginning bid of $300.00, then relisted with a biginning bid of $200.00.  No takers.

I like the fact that no mention is made about where it may have come from or how old it might be, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frankenstein-Bust-Sculpture-w-Hands-Life-Like-Monster-Freaky-Collectors-Dream-/140901157526?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=140901157526&_rdc=1&nma=true&si=biZALDevthnvBwMJMwcqoA4uehQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ADAM