Monstrous Marquees

Started by Monsters For Sale, September 18, 2012, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on May 01, 2014, 06:48:37 PM
Yeah, they went through all that work for a theater in Omaha, Nebraska. Nowadays they just sent out a damn tweet.

Frank's on a truck.  I'm sure he was taken from theater to theater just like the cans of film.  I wonder how many places he visited and how many parades he rode in?  He looks tired.  There must have been many pictures taken of him, many with smiling fans.  Strange, this is the only picture of him I have ever seen.

You can get a better idea od how big he is, when you compare him to the height of the truck's door.  Nice collectible, if you had somewhere to put him.
ADAM

Mord

I'm sure that poor old Frank is with Forry by now.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on May 01, 2014, 10:20:55 PM
I'm sure that poor old Frank is with Forry by now.
Forry probably already has a hellatious collection in Monster Heaven.  ;D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

MONSTERMOSH

All these pictures are great.

ChrisW

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 30, 2014, 01:02:00 AM
On Broadway, New York City:

The Day the Earth Stood Still - RKO Mayfair - New York City - September, 1951.  - Partially seen at he far right is the RKO Palace. 

(If a "One Sheet" poster is 27 in. x 41 in. and a "Two Sheet" is twice that size, How many a "Sheeter" is this thing?)

So THAT'S where that darn poster came from! I've had it rolled up in my garage for years, but never knew where it was from until now!

(I keed! I keed!)  >:D

Monsters For Sale

I had to look this one up:

Shaft  &  Velvet Vampire - Nixon - Philadelphia, PA - Sometime between 1971 (when both movies were released)  &  1985 (when the theatre was torn down).
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 02, 2014, 12:42:28 AM
Forry probably already has a hellatious collection in Monster Heaven.  ;D
He probably has all our childhood toys that wound up in toy heaven (mine are probably in a much hotter place).

Monsters For Sale

I'll try again -

These were stolen from an earlier thread somewhere in the UMA - I don't remember where:

King Kong - Fox - Pomona, CA - May, 1933 - 1

King Kong - Fox - Pomona, CA - May, 1933 - 2 

(Lousy fake audience - I would rather have had a clear view of Kong.)
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

On the corner of 1st and Broadway, this theatre is still in use:

King Kong - Orpheum - Wichita, Kansas - circa 1955  - (Saturday kid's  matinee - note all the bikes)
ADAM

Mike Scott

Kong looks like he's saying "Why you, I oughta . .!"
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 02, 2014, 02:19:12 PM
Kong looks like he's saying "Why you, I oughta . .!"
Ah yes, the deadly martial art of Wai Ai Ota. (Bruce would say- "The art of fighting without fighting"  :angel:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monolith

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 30, 2014, 01:02:00 AM
On Broadway, New York City:

The Day the Earth Stood Still - RKO Mayfair - New York City - September, 1951.  - Partially seen at he far right is the RKO Palace. 

(If a "One Sheet" poster is 27 in. x 41 in. and a "Two Sheet" is twice that size, How many a "Sheeter" is this thing?)

I think that DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL "photo" is a painting. Look closely at the cars and people. If it's a photo it's been digitally altered to look like a painting.

Monolith

Here's a photo of the real thing...

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monolith on May 03, 2014, 08:07:17 AM
I think that DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL "photo" is a painting. Look closely at the cars and people.

Damn, you're right, it is! Wonder why somebody did it? You can see the added small GORT at the bottom of the "poster" (amongst other changes).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wolfman

I need to get my Delorean fixed and go back in time.

JP