Look What My Son Found!

Started by Universal Steve, September 08, 2008, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

My son surprised me with this today. He is a manager at Stop and Shop and he said they got three of these in. Now there are 2. Not licensed but as you can see the likeness is right on the money. I haven't tried the lights yet but I just want to hang it on the wall in my Universal Room.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Mike Scott

That thing is awefully Karloff looking for not being licensed!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fmofmpls

That is cool! And the likeness is as you say .. dead on. That's Karloff .. ain't no mistaking it. This may be the sleeper item of the season.

Steve, please post this over at our Halloween Watch List thread - http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1887.120
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

chrisnurse

These are great. they have that vintage quality that is so lacking these days.
You can't kill the Boogeyman

The Bride

I love this! Anyone know where it can be found? I've never heard of Stop and Shop.

The Spangler

Stop and Shop is a big grocery chain out of Boston.  They're found throughout New England and as far south as the Bronx. (that I'm aware of).  I'm on my now to the Stop and Shop a mile and a half down the road from me!  Wish me luck!

Bogey

Quote from: chrisnurse on September 08, 2008, 10:59:59 PM
These are great. they have that vintage quality that is so lacking these days.

Agreed.

raycastile

I wonder what store in the St. Louis area would carry something like this.
Raymond Castile

Monster Bob

I'm like n' this guy.

If anybody on the board finds an extra Frankenstein and would be willing mail it, I'd be interested in one...PM me, please! ;D

mjaycox

Whoa..... that's awesome. I want one. I hope this turns up elsewhere. Can I come up with an excuse to suddenly visit Boston...?

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

gracebuster

I, too, would love one if a fellow member finds any. Be happy to pay shipping etc.

After Bob gets his, I mean!  :P

CreepyJeff

Steve - can you please post who the maker of these is?  Maybe there's a web site on the back?  That way we can track them to other store chains hopefully.  Thanks!

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

ramsey37

It's made by Sienna LLC. A Google search shows they make seasonal items for Christmas as well, but I can't locate an online source for the Frankenstein light.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Universalrocks

Well here is there address and phone number.
Sienna LLC
(772) 621-4535 - 540 Nw University Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, FL

I called and spoke with the company. Good news and bad news! Good news we could buy them, Bad news is we would have to buy 15000.
They have are thinking about discontinuing these. And also he said they only sold to the Stop and Shop at least he said that is the only place he could remember.
Seems like conflicting info to me how then did stop and shop buy so few. I think someone with more business savy needs to call and talk with them. So someone else have a try.

The Spangler

I picked up 3 of these last night, at one of the Stop and Shops in my town.  I haven't checked the other S & S yet.  If they don't start showing up elsewhere around the country I'd be happy to send 2 of them to other members.  So I guess Bob and Dan get first dibs, but  I may be able to find more.