Author Topic: Look What My Son Found!  (Read 4408 times)

The Spangler

• Sergeant
Re: Look What My Son Found!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
 Just read the above posts, but the information on the back of the boxes of the ones I picked up say:

Distributed By
AMERICAN SALES CO.
4201 WALDEN AVE.
LANCASTER, NY 14086

copyright 2008 S&S BRANDS, INC.
Made in China

I wonder if "S&S" means Stop and Shop?

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »
The Frank that I bought from an eBay seller does not have any copyright info, street addresses or "S and S" references on the box.

The seller, who lives in Oregon where there are no Stop and Shop stores, says she bought it LAST year.  She would not tell me where.

Since mine was bought by someone who does not live in a state with the S&S stores and the boxes don't have the same information on them, it looks like they were sold by more than just the one chain.

You can see a picture of the back of my Frank's box in the first post in the SIENNA FRANKENSTEIN thread.

Grab this item whenever you see it.  I can't believe it will survive very long.  Universal and the Karloff's would be nuts to not challenge such a blatant copyright violation.  The likeness is obviously copied from the Frankenstein poster art that portays both electrodes as identical.

This may be this Halloween season's sleeper item - especially if it gets pulled from the shelves.

Happy hunting on these - I really like mine.
ADAM

CreepyJeff

• VP of Merchandising
    • CJ Classics
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:21 PM »
Just read the above posts, but the information on the back of the boxes of the ones I picked up say:

Distributed By
AMERICAN SALES CO.
4201 WALDEN AVE.
LANCASTER, NY 14086

copyright 2008 S&S BRANDS, INC.
Made in China

I wonder if "S&S" means Stop and Shop?
Ooo - I wonder if this "American Sales" is the same American Sales chain that's at least here in the mid-west.  I shall check them out tonight.  they always have a lot of cool Halloween stuff anyway.  Meanwhile - if stop and shop are the only stores these can be found, I'd love to get on the wait list for one.  Thanks for offering them as available!

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
Here's a bit more info about the actual item itself. It has a sliding suction cup attached to a string. So, the idea is to either hang it in a window or on the wall. However, what I did was simply tack it to the ceiling via the string so that it is just hanging there in mid-air. Floating, if you will, in front of the rest of my monster stuff. It looks great that way, imo. It's very light so there's not much worry about it falling. I've got the cord strung behind it and plugged into the end of a string of Creature lights that my friend got for me recently. It looks great in the dark, but unfortunately, I'm not able to get a good image of it that way. But this should give you an idea of the setup....

Bogey

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
Absolutely love those Creature lights!