What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 25, 2012, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 07, 2020, 10:31:35 PM
Mord. Believe it or not it's still there, guitar-oriented music. Just not popular. Underground.

I know. I said that I miss the "dominance" of guitars (you know, like every movie is littered with autotuned, fake drum, hip hop). I know I sound ancient (probably because I am), but today's popular music sounds gutless and dickless. Just my opinion, of course.

Mord

The Birthday Party - Sometimes Pleasure Heads Must Burn

Man, I love this insanely great song. Manic, frantic and filled with gloriously demented lyrics :
"My brain tricked my hands to believe they were strong.
  In short, my hands became clubs to grind."

Mord

Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville (1993)
Big Black - Songs About F*cking (1987)

Great music from "dem good old days". Love both of these lps.

geezer butler

Mike Scott

Got out the purple QUEEN box and played my two favorite albums, QUEEN II and SHEER HEART ATTACK.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 13, 2020, 02:28:49 AM
Got out the purple QUEEN box and played my two favorite albums, QUEEN II and SHEER HEART ATTACK.
I've gotta agree, SHEER HEART ATTACK being my favorite.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Poppy: I C U (Music to Read To)

I know Poppy is not for everyone, but this is a straight up instrumental/ambient record. I love it. If you like soporific, kind of melancholic, electronic music check it out. 

geezer butler

btw, first Black Sabbath record 50 yrs old today. Happy Birthday to the dark lords of all things heavy!!!!  >:D

marsattacks666

Been listening to the f***** ice, rain and snow outside my f(*at*)#$^*, house. Plus listening to me shoveling snow. Oh, what fun!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
By far my favorite Tull album

marsattacks666

Rex fury

Stevie Nicks- Edge of Seventeen
Headboys- Shape of Things To Come

marsattacks666

geezer butler

Listening to and watching:

Black Sabbath: The End of the End concert video (2017)