What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 25, 2012, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 22, 2019, 07:05:26 PM
The Birthday Party- Complete John Peel Sessions

16 tracks that kick some serious ass. No wonder Peel considered them (and Joy Division) is favorite bands.

Awesome man. I was listening to Birthday Party the other night. "The Friend Catcher" my fav song. Big influence on post-punk, shoegaze, noisecore---just to name a few sub-genres. Way ahead of their time.

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on September 24, 2019, 11:03:34 PM
Awesome man. I was listening to Birthday Party the other night. "The Friend Catcher" my fav song. Big influence on post-punk, shoegaze, noisecore---just to name a few sub-genres. Way ahead of their time.
When we had parties (back in the day), we always used "Sometimes Pleasure Heads Must Burn" to form drunken conga lines. Good times, indeed.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 24, 2019, 11:08:25 PM
When we had parties (back in the day), we always used "Sometimes Pleasure Heads Must Burn" to form drunken conga lines. Good times, indeed.

:laugh:

Mike Scott

Steppenwolf - Monster

Traffic - Mr. Fantasy
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

The Faces - Longplayer
About as good as classic rock gets.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on September 25, 2019, 05:12:58 PM
The Faces - Longplayer
About as good as classic rock gets.

I prefer "A Nod . . .", but yeah!
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 25, 2019, 05:35:10 PM
I prefer "A Nod . . .", but yeah!
I agree, but I just played Nod a couple of days back. As we've discussed before, "Nod" has the perfect rock guitar sound.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds  -  Ghosteen

I listened to the the advance preview of this new album on You Tube. Man, what a letdown! Slow, pretentious, and downright boring. This is my "go-to" band. I can't express how disappointed I am.

Mord

Having Alexa shuffle songs by Killing Joke. Very good band.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

new record from Knocked Loose: A Different Shade of Blue

these guys are heavy AF  >:D

Mike Scott

The Rolling Stones - Singles Collection: The London Years ("London" records label, that is.)
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on October 03, 2019, 09:55:27 PM
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds  -  Ghosteen

I listened to the the advance preview of this new album on You Tube. Man, what a letdown! Slow, pretentious, and downright boring. This is my "go-to" band. I can't express how disappointed I am.

I read a glowing review online and decided to try the record out for myself. I actually didn't think it was that bad. I mean no doubt this record  is way chill. This is not an avant garde rock n roll record at all. But I'm a big fan of Nick Cave's movie scores,  and I hear a lot of that vibe here. But it's a fair point to argue he should keep those projects in their own lanes.