What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 25, 2012, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Bowie. - Pin-ups- I had almost forgotten what a great drummer Aynsley Dunbar is

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on April 21, 2018, 04:14:39 AM

Man never realized Dunbar played on that record. Dunbar of course also played with Journey and Whitesnake. He originally recorded "The Warning" which Black Sabbath covered on their debut record. Love that song (both versions).

geezer butler

Big Black Delta: self-titled (2013)

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on April 21, 2018, 07:37:09 AM
Man never realized Dunbar played on that record. Dunbar of course also played with Journey and Whitesnake. He originally recorded "The Warning" which Black Sabbath covered on their debut record. Love that song (both versions).
He was great with Zappa, also.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on April 21, 2018, 04:14:39 AM

Totally bad-ass drummer/musician. Definitely an influence .
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 22, 2018, 03:54:45 AM
Totally bad-ass drummer/musician. Definitely an influence .
He is fantastic. The guy has a manic, reckless Keith Moon style of playing. Drums have always been my favorite instrument. I loved P.I.L.'s " Flowers of Romance" album. It's almost all percussion.

marsattacks666

Metallica-Garage Days Revisted-1988 (remastered )
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Mord

New York Dolls - Too Much, Too Soon
The Libertines -  Up the Bracket  (great band, produced by Mick Jones of The Clash)
Lou Reed. -   Berlin (Just picked up the vinyl)

marsattacks666

Mike Scott

Boston - Boston

Often gets pulled out when I don't know what I want to listen to.  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 25, 2018, 02:36:09 AM
Boston - Boston

Often gets pulled out when I don't know what I want to listen to.  :)

Great album, Mike

Mord

Stones  - Let it Bleed. - This was the first Stones album I ever owned ( and, still a favorite).

Mike Scott

The Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666