What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 25, 2012, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Slayer-Haunting the Chapel-1984
Show No Mercy-1983
Jackson Browne-Hold Out-1980
Joy Division-Unknown Pleasures-1979
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 15, 2019, 05:32:49 PM
Slayer-Haunting the Chapel-1984
Show No Mercy-1983
Jackson Browne-Hold Out-1980
Joy Division-Unknown Pleasures-1979
That's quite an eclectic mix.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on August 15, 2019, 03:21:20 PM
I used to do the heavy metal and hard rock stuff in high school, but I kinda grew out of it. Nowadays, my music tastes consist of a diet of classic 50s rock and roll/rockabilly, exotica/lounge music, surf music, movie soundtracks, old '30s-late '50s standards, and weirdo monster music (think Boris Pickett and Zacherley's music).

This morning I was listening to a couple of those great lounge music records that Jackie Gleason put out, like Music for Lovers Only. Yesterday, I was listening to a bit of Ricky Nelson and some Frank Sinatra last night. Day before was Spook Along with Zacherley! and the Coffin Daggers.

Kind of a weird mix, but I dig it.

Never too late to "grow back into" the heavy stuff \m/

marsattacks666

Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil-1983
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell-1980

geezer butler

Not going to pretend I'm a big Southern rock guy, but there are 7 or 8 lynyrd skynyrd songs I can get down with. Listened to a few tonight:

Workin for MCA
That Smell
On the Hunt
Saturday Night Special
Gimme Back My Bullets

Saturday Night Special is so gangsta and On the Hunt is heavy AF. Working for MCA is great too.

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on August 17, 2019, 08:24:40 AM
Not going to pretend I'm a big Southern rock guy, but there are 7 or 8 lynyrd skynyrd songs I can get down with. Listened to a few tonight:

Workin for MCA
That Smell
On the Hunt
Saturday Night Special
Gimme Back My Bullets

Saturday Night Special is so gangsta and On the Hunt is heavy AF. Working for MCA is great too.

Same here. I do like The Allman Brothers "Live at the Fillmore". Some great guitar work there.

Mord

Rolling Stones- Exile outtakes cd

The Stones flush better songs down the toilet, than any current artists' output. Yeah, I'm old.

marsattacks666

marsattacks666

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 19, 2019, 09:52:46 PM
Nope. Actual ants. Fun times.

Yikes! Coincidentally, I watched a film called "Dead Ant" (2017) last night. It was about a has been band reuniting for Coachella. They do drugs in the desert and get attacked by...you guessed it, ANTS! Terrible in every way. Is that a doc, or are you actually experiencing this?

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on August 19, 2019, 10:17:05 PM
Yikes! Coincidentally, I watched a film called "Dead Ant" (2017) last night. It was about a has been band reuniting for Coachella. They do drugs in the desert and get attacked by...you guessed it, ANTS! Terrible in every way. Is that a doc, or are you actually experiencing this?

No.
This summer I took time off from work. I spent that week watching Ants devour all kinds of their subjects. It was so devine. Now I feel one with Ants, literally.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on August 19, 2019, 06:37:06 PM
Same here. I do like The Allman Brothers "Live at the Fillmore". Some great guitar work there.

Yeah that record is tight. First few ZZ Top records i really enjoy too.

marsattacks666

Crazy Joe And The Variable Speed Band-1981