issue with monarch models?

Started by empty13, August 23, 2012, 12:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: GothamknightWill all the great Garage Kits out there you really think there would be a hobby if it was only these two?

Which other garage kit makers issue kits fabricate from styrene plastic?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Gothamknight

Quote from: Hepcat on September 14, 2012, 12:10:12 AM
Which other garage kit makers issue kits fabricated from styrene plastic?

???

Models don't have to be fabricated from styrene plastic to be models.  Let's face it.......as much as we all love a lot of the old Aurora stuff, most of them were not very good sculpts.  Now Monarch and Moebius have changed that  (Let's not talk about the Moebius Frankenstein!! LOL)  and the kits are inexpensive but are they enough to fuel your need/want for good figure kits?  If so then I'd say wait on styrene.  However don't fool yourself........if it wasn't for the mid 90's garage kit hobby the interest would not be there for the styrene kits either. 

Getter_1

Seems like this conversation is getting a bit sidetracked. Monarch is still around helping to fuel the monster model hobby.

I couldn't be happeir. :)

jimm

Anton Phibes

This in from McDee via my email:

Here is an email from McDee he wanted me to share with all those concerned about Monarch.

Phibes~you have done a great job of explaining the situation to everyone.
I just spoke with Scott and he has been super busy these past few months.
As you know he is a Doctor

To him it's not just a job but a vocation .
I'll copy you on the followup email he just sent me, and you can put it in your own words to tell the guys in the UMA where everything stands. (what follows is Scott McKillop, owner of Monarch's email to McDee)
Hi Denis!
All is fine. Just super busy in August and early September. Because my yearly renewed hospital staff appointment is tied to my university rank, I recently had to go through the HUGE task of getting myself promoted from assistant professor to associate professor. I did it, but it ate up my entire august and early Sept. Now I can relax because that is all behind me, but it was necessary to maintain my status/job at the university affiliated teaching hospital. I see I have some web hosting bills to pay, and a ton of emails to catch up on.
Never fear about Monarch Denis. If I ever think I am going to stop making models permanently, I will let you know up front.
Scott

So there ya go, Phibes---I'll keep you posted on all events that transpire in regards to Monarch.  Do me a favor will you?
Say hi to the guys at the UMA board on my behalf.  If anyone asks, I left the UMA because of MY principals and
not out of malice toward anyone there.
Thanks !
Cheers
Denis

So there you have it peeps. No more speculation required. Here are pics of Gorgo. She'll get here when she gets here. You've been waiting since 1961. A year more won't kill ya.

http://www.escalemodels.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7960

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/assets/images/Monarch/gorgoart2.jpg

sixshooter

Anton, Thanks for the update, pass on a thank you to Mcdee.

Lee

empty13

BijouBob8mm

Didn't realize the website had problems, as I'd just dropped by http://www.monarchmodels.net/ before stumbling across this thread to see if there was any more word on Gorgo.  (Looking forward to that cyclops, too!)

A previous post mentioned The Ghost kit was no longer available.  The Cult TV Man website still has some in stock, but the price reflects that kit is now out of production: https://www.culttvmanshop.com/The-Ghost-of-Castle-Mare-from-Monarch-Models-_p_594.html

Neoplastic

I am glad I picked up one of The Ghost kits when they came out.  I am hoping that it gets re-released as a glow kit, seems appropriate and would be really cool.  Glad to hear that all is well with Monarch in general. 

jimm

WoW, how aurora can you get, count me in

CreepysFan

Want one of those Gorgo models as soon as they come out.  That looks awesome.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

empty13

full circle. their website is up. unchanged, but up.

BijouBob8mm

Quote(Let's not talk about the Moebius Frankenstein!! LOL)

The Monster in the BRIDE kit was a big step up.  Have only seen a photo or two, but there's something about the look of their upcoming Creature kit that doesn't feel quite right...just can't quite put my finger on it.

I can't wait for the GORGO kit to arrive!

Mord

The Mobius Bride set is THE best styrene kit ever released.

BijouBob8mm

Haven't made up my mind yet about going after that more deluxe base for their BRIDE kit that Moebius offers.