"Take me to your Leader!" - Unofficial Sci-Fi collectibles thread

Started by jimm, August 11, 2012, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbud

bigbud

This is my 'Tomic Rocket. 14" windup that rolls on wheels with sparks and then fires a cap when it hits an object. The b and w ad/article I show is dated December 1950.

[imghttp://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/bigbud3/IMG_6114_zps96203175.jpg][/img]

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on January 15, 2015, 08:54:45 PMThis is my 'Tomic Rocket. 14" windup that rolls on wheels with sparks and then fires a cap when it hits an object. The b and w ad/article I show is dated December 1950.

Wow! That toy is in great condition for its age. Was it new old stock when you bought it?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Flower

Quote from: Hepcat on January 15, 2015, 06:22:22 PM
I take it you mean on issue #6 as opposed to issue #10 which was the sixth and last I posted?

???

You take it correctly.  It is easy to see that ISSUE #6 is the best of the lot .. a very nice lot but ISSUE #10 doesn't come close to either ISSUE #6 or ISSUE #8 ... In my opinion ...  ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

bigbud

Well you'd better think again, oh fragrant one! It's 7 and 10 for sure! Ha!

Flower

Just because you're a Vet, it doesn't make you right!

AH!!! WWHD? (What would Hepcat do?) .. Start a poll!  ..  ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

bigbud

A vet! I haven't done any of those experiments on tiny animals in years! ...........how did you hear bout that?   Ha!

Hepcat

Quote from: Flower on January 16, 2015, 11:49:31 AM
Just because you're a Vet, it doesn't make you right!

AH!!! WWHD? (What would Hepcat do?) .. Start a poll!  ..  ;)

They got a start years ago:

In fact, they've already taken over Roncesvalles Avenue in Toronto and seem bound and determined to completely monopolize the market for pierogies and kolbassa everywhere.

:-\ 

WnewCreatureFeatures

Quote from: bigbud on January 15, 2015, 08:54:45 PM
This is my 'Tomic Rocket. 14" windup that rolls on wheels with sparks and then fires a cap when it hits an object. The b and w ad/article I show is dated December 1950.

[imghttp://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/bigbud3/IMG_6114_zps96203175.jpg]http://[/img]

Love this toy , have a boxed one as well , really enjoy that it is a multi- collectible ,  it's a wind up , it's a space toy , and it's a cap toy all rolled into one , this is a cool over - looked toy from the time period like the Irwin space man.

here is a pic of the toy (not mine) for those who have never seen one

Flower

Quote from: bigbud on January 16, 2015, 04:00:59 PM
A vet! I haven't done any of those experiments on tiny animals in years! ...........how did you hear bout that?   Ha!

You told me!  AND refused to give me a multi pet discount too!

Flower

Quote from: Hepcat on January 16, 2015, 04:30:10 PM
They got a start years ago:

In fact, they've already taken over Roncesvalles Avenue in Toronto and seem bound and determined to completely monopolize the market for pierogies and kolbassa everywhere.

:-\

Hepcat .. NO PIEROGIES FOR YOU!  Well .. maybe they'll serve you ....

bigbud

This is pretty cool! This is an Ideal Space Fighter Transport Ship. From the 1950s. Mine is molded in yellow plastic...others were done in a silver/gray. Hard to find item so I'm ok with the one broken gun and 2 missing space fighters. But.......with a complete fighter and a complete gun I'm gonna do some molding and cast the missing pieces. Shouldn't be too hard to do. the 2 missing fighter ships were/will be red and blue. The Space Fighter Transport is just at 11 inches long.

Hepcat

Hepcat

Hepcat