"Take me to your Leader!" - Unofficial Sci-Fi collectibles thread

Started by jimm, August 11, 2012, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

A set of sixty Space Orbit coins were issued as a premium in Dare, Krun-Chee and Hunter's Potato Chips in Canada in late 1963 or 1964. Here are scans of some of my Dare coins:

And here are scans of some of my Krun-Chee coins:

The Dare coins are more common than the Krun-Chee ones since Dare chips were distributed in and around Toronto while the Krun-Chee chip plant was in Windsor and the chips weren't sold much beyond southwestern Ontario. Krun-Chee chips were not that common even in London when I was a kid. Meanwhile, the Hunter's Space Orbit coins are the toughest of them all. I have only one.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

bigbud

This is so cool! A Banner Space Helmet. Circa 1953. Had this along time. I remember someone selling toys in the old ToyShop magazine had a kid with this helmet and radiating radar goggles  at the top of every ad he ran. I thought it was so great and got seriously in the hunt for one when I found out it was an actual toy. Green radiating radar eyes, yellow goggles, gray helmet, translucent red spaceship on top.....what a wild mix of colors! Notice star map on top of box...no Pluto yet....

jimm

Hepcat

bigbud

jimm...you'll open a whole bag of bad jokes about the size of my head if I answer that.....shhhh...Scatter is listening.........

Monster Bob

I used to have a pretty decent robot collection, and here is one I just never wanted to part with. He is all original, and the same large size as a Mechanized (Robby) Robot.

jimm

Quote from: bigbud on August 29, 2012, 03:15:08 AM
jimm...you'll open a whole bag of bad jokes about the size of my head if I answer that....

I can't talk, my ballcaps say 8 in 'em  :o  Awesome 'bot there Bob

bigbud

Bob, that's a good one! That very robot is the only robot I remember having as a kid. I remember to this day the garage sale we sold him in. I even remember the lady that took him away........wonder if she's changed in 40 some years.....maybe I'll try to hunt her down! I want my robot back!

Scatter

Quote from: bigbud on August 29, 2012, 03:15:08 AM
jimm...you'll open a whole bag of bad jokes about the size of my head if I answer that.....shhhh...Scatter is listening.........

I'm EVERYWHERE............Bud, that helmet is so damn cool even my extensive simian vocabulary is insufficient!! Love it!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

bigbud

Just put this in the "Give Me A Gun" thread, but it needs to be here too! This is the Hubley Atomic Disintegrator. Made in 1954 it weighs 2 pounds and is 7.25 inches long. Shoots caps and just looks like what it is...the coolest toy space gun ever!

Monolith

MonsterBob- that's a nice robot.

Bigbud--- You can see a missle coming right at you with those Radar goggles on that helmet. Wasn't the planet Pluto re-labeled as not a planet years ago?
I seem to remember hearing something about that, if so, your box is back in fashion.

That Atomic Disintegrator is awesome!

Hepcat

Yes, Pluto has been demoted to planetoid status on the rationale that Pluto has proven insufficiently large to "clear" its orbit of other bodies. What necessitated the reclassification is that Pluto has turned out to be much smaller than initially thought and a number of other objects of comparable size to Pluto have been discovered out in the Kuiper belt beyond Neptune in the last twenty years.

;)

jimm

Here's some of my Star Wars stuff, I have a few other vehicles haven't made room for yet

ilikemonsters

A little robot that I've had since a small child.

tinyrobot by ilikemonstersxoxo, on Flickr

Does anyone out there recognize this guy? I once saw a larger version and didn't buy it, I regret it!
The closest thing I found were these suction cup guys.

moonplatoon by ilikemonstersxoxo, on Flickr