"Take me to your Leader!" - Unofficial Sci-Fi collectibles thread

Started by jimm, August 11, 2012, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Kamandi was a great sci-fi title Jack Kirby did for DC in the seventies. Here are scans of seven of mine:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

jimm

Allhallowsday

Quote from: jimm on September 11, 2013, 05:12:44 AM
A new Robot for the collection, works great!  8) Need to find some suitable ears for him.

Fighting Robot
Hey... I think you must've bought that one from me...!  If that was the one I sold on eBay (with no ears) the tab of his battery case door is broken off.  I don't think I ever tested him, so it's wonderful to see him working!!   8)
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

Moe

Hepcat

Quote from: jimm on October 05, 2014, 03:31:45 PMKirby's DC work was great!

Indeed it was! Here are scans of another sci-fi type title Jack did at DC:

8)

jimm

Read all the Kirby New Gods/ Jimmy Olsen storylines online a while back..just great stuff...love the Demon as well

horrorhunter

Quote from: jimm on October 10, 2014, 07:57:44 PM
Read all the Kirby New Gods/ Jimmy Olsen storylines online a while back..just great stuff...love the Demon as well
When I narrowed my comic book focus to mostly monster oriented books a few years ago I kept my Kirby Demon run of 1-16. It's a fun book, if a tad wacky.

"Leave, leave, the form of man...summon the Demon, Etrigan"  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Hepcat

Hepcat

Here's a scan of an issue from another one of DC's long running Silver Age sci-fi titles:

:)

Flower

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Hepcat on October 14, 2014, 02:36:06 PM
Here are scans of a few more of my Kamandi comics:

8)
Mattel made a Kamandi action figure a few years ago. It didn't sell very well, as I kept seeing them at Walmart in the clearance aisle for years.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

WnewCreatureFeatures

yep , every once in a while a toy company will make a cool obsure figure but they usually are in low numbers and turn out to be scarce later on.

Remember the The Martian Chronicles figures or Close Encounters figure? I had a batch of them but they were low production & hard to find when they came out , when you did find some in the stores there were usually alot of them there as they did not sell well and most finally ended up in close out stores.