Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here's a scan of a comic based on a movie with some awe inspiring imagery:

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on January 20, 2014, 09:23:48 PM
Here's a scan of a comic based on a movie with some awe inspiring imagery:
Here's a sweet part of that awe inspiring imagery, Hep.  ;)

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Hepcat

Wicked Lester

Here are a couple 6 inch space figures made by Empire toys in the mid 70's. I would like to have the whole set. I know there were 5 possibly 6 different ones. There seems from what I have read been more of these in the UK than the states. These are very HTF and $ if you find them. People usually tag these as Marx but there are no markings on them.

Not as cool as the vintage toys here. I'd bought/built those Billikens back in around 1990.

WL

WnewCreatureFeatures

Great atrwork on those vintage comics , I remember when you went to any stationary store and your eyes filled with wonder at all the things on the shelves

Scatter

Quote from: jimm on December 12, 2013, 04:19:09 PM
AHI Lost in Space robot from the 70s. Been looking for a reasonable one, now I gotta get him to work!!  :o I like this one since he actually walks instead of just rolling along, at least he will when he is fixed!

Sweeeeet!! Post a vid when you get him moving!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scary Terry

Nice to see those SCARY MONSTERS mags on display with your kits, Lester!

If I recall correctly, the insides of the LAND UNKNOWN comic are far nicer than the cover -- they are drawn by Alex Toth.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Hepcat

The cover of the comic is merely a reverse negative of the movie poster:

Western Printing and Dell wanted the tyrannosaurus on the left to make sure the tyrannosaurus was always at least peeking out at kids on the comic rack.

;)

bigbud

Quote from: Scatter on February 03, 2014, 01:57:25 AM
Sweeeeet!! Post a vid when you get him moving!

I've kept an eye out for the Remco LIS robot, but he is always so very expensive, and usually warped on his dome....

bigbud

This is right up Scatter's alley!  Sci Fi and big apes! What a cool combination!

bigbud

The more I look at that pistol the more I think it is cool! Very cool!

WnewCreatureFeatures

I agree, it's one of the better futuristic rayguns , I think it's the nicest of all the Dan Dare guns and a battery op to boot.