"Collection Intervention" Series Premiers August 14th

Started by Monsters For Sale, July 31, 2012, 01:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Dr. Blasko

We Belong Dead...

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Dr. Blasko

Its going to portray collectors in a very negative light.
We Belong Dead...

Scatter

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 31, 2012, 04:31:25 AM

What else is new? Who cares? I WANNA SEE THE STUFF!! (oops, does that portray me in a very negative light? I STILL DON'T CARE!!)  ;D ;D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Fester

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 31, 2012, 04:31:25 AM

Only the really obsessive ones.

The guys with a monster room--not so much. 
Apparently this is going to involve the collector version of crazy cat ladies.

Most of us will be able to watch it and think "Thank heavens I'm not that far gone!"  Besides, it might be interesting to see how much some of this junk--er--"investment in memorabilia" might actually sell for.

Remember Beanie Babies?  People used to spend serious cash on collecting and saving them tags and all.  Now those same "investments" are being sold by the bag-full at Goodwill, or Value Village.

Universal Steve

I saw the commercial and told my son not to tell my wife about the show. it might give her ideas even though she has bought me a lot of the Universal goodies in my room.  If he rats me out I am going to tell his fiance and we will see how that goes. LOL!
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

monsterphile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: Fester on July 31, 2012, 02:41:54 PM
Only the really obsessive ones.

The guys with a monster room--not so much. 
Apparently this is going to involve the collector version of crazy cat ladies.

Most of us will be able to watch it and think "Thank heavens I'm not that far gone!"  Besides, it might be interesting to see how much some of this junk--er--"investment in memorabilia" might actually sell for.

Remember Beanie Babies?  People used to spend serious cash on collecting and saving them tags and all.  Now those same "investments" are being sold by the bag-full at Goodwill, or Value Village.

Of course it only shows the obsessive ones. The problem is, the general public won't separate between them and more reasonable collectors.
We Belong Dead...

Fester

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 31, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
Of course it only shows the obsessive ones. The problem is, the general public won't separate between them and more reasonable collectors.

You think the general public hasn't already done that?

The thing is,  moderation is far more common--and probably more boring for TV.  That's why a person only 25 lbs overweight will never be a contestant on America's Biggest Loser. ::)

For some folks, there is a fine line between collecting and hoarding.  And hoarding can be a sign of mental illness: either OCD, or as we get older, depression.  This show might be able to help some of the more extreme cases return to a somewhat normal life.  And it might also help some friends and relatives of extremely obsessed collectors to see that someone needs help.

Does your collecting make your home look like this?

Or like this?

Then, your friends and family already know you have a problem. ::)  And the general public will only know if they see you on the show. ;D

zombiehorror

I'll be watching!  Hope there is at least one cool monster related collection featured.

Universal_Adam

I spend a good amount of money on Monster stuff.  My wife, who is a total princess, is NOT used to spending money on these kinds of things, but bless her heart, not once does she try to change me.  Sometimes I get an eye roll when I get excited about things, but she never judges.  She'd never do this kind of thing to me.
I guess my wife is better than these other ones lol
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage