Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 19, 2017, 07:25:12 PM
The Neanderthal Man (1953)

Fun but cheezy. They tried to pass off shots of a contemporary tiger (with a leash no less!  :laugh:) as a Smilodon, which must have had '60s Dinokids snickering when this flick had TV showings (any schoolkid knew the difference between a tiger and a Smilodon if for no other reason than Marx/MPC toys and Saturday morning cartoons like Dinoboy on Space Ghost and Mighty Mightor). A young Beverly Garland looked hot!

The new Shout factory! (Scream Factory) Blu-ray double feature of this movie and Beast Of Hollow Mountain makes these films look better than they ever have and probably ever will. It's bare-bones but well worth picking up for Monster Movie Geeks and Dinokids in particular.

Beverly Garland's first horror/scifi film and yes, she looked incredible!  Zombie In Luv
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Phantom Stranger

'Kong: Skull Island' (2017)

Plot: IMDB
A diverse team of scientists, soldiers and adventurers unite to explore a mythical, uncharted island in the Pacific, as dangerous as it is beautiful. Cut off from everything they know, the team ventures into the domain of the mighty Kong, igniting the ultimate battle between man and nature. As their mission of discovery becomes one of survival, they must fight to escape a primal Eden in which humanity does not belong.

Phantom's Review: Let me say right at the beginning, I liked this movie. It delivers everything it promised. Decent acting, great special FX , monster fights and lots of big dumb action. If anything the film reminds less of the original film and more of the Japanese Kong movies. Leave your brain at the door and have a good time.

Mike...In 3-D!

Masters of Horror: Homecoming (2005)
The Beast Must Die (1974)
Piranha (2010)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Monsters For Sale

The Fourth Kind, 2009 - Alien abductions in Alaska
Contact, 1997 - Jodie Foster with Alien Erector Set
Devil Commands, The,  1940 - Boris Karloff as Dr. who believes brain waves survive physical death - A Columbia sci-fi/horror that deserves to be better known
Dead End Drive-In, 1986 - Australian Mad Max era dystopian theatrical concentration camp where most of the detainies don't want to escape
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

This Island Earth, 1955 - My favorite Alien Erector* Set movie.

My generation's version of Legos

ADAM

Mord

I had a totally different meaning for "erector set movie" when I was a kid  (it would usually involve some Hammer babes).

long live kong

The Mummy (Hammer). Makes me laugh how the archeologists keep calling Peter Cushing "the boy". C'mon he isn't a boy, he's Peter Cushing!
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mord

Midnight Meat Train -  Good, clean, wacky fun

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on March 20, 2017, 11:09:56 PM
Midnight Meat Train -  Good, clean, wacky fun

OK, Mord - What totally different meaning did you have for that one?
ADAM

Mord

Well, there is a scene where it goes through a tunnel.

Lunkenstein

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on March 13, 2017, 06:33:02 AM
It's been awhile. While far from my favorite Phantom, it was better than I remembered. Time & nostalgia work wonderful magic!
I agree. I've grown to like it more now than when I was a kid. I remember being disappointed  that you see his face so briefly after the unmasking and then the film ends. The makeup is pretty awesome though and Claude Rains is always wonderful. I really like his phantom's concerto too.
Paul

Lunkenstein

KONG: SKULL ISLAND (2017) - Absolutely loved it!
THE CONJURING 2 (2016)
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)
THE UNINVITED (1944) on Sven.
Paul

Creepy

I attended the Horrorhound convention in Cincy this past weekend and saw Slasher.com. Indie films can be hit or miss, this one had the typical rough acting with a few really good performances, and an interesting twist at the end. However, the film delved into some very cringe worthy moments not unlike Don't Breath and the turkey baster.
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

Monsters For Sale

Take Shelter, 2011 - The main character is having hallucinations and nightmares.  Is he Noah, or nuts?

ADAM