Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

THE VIRGIN SPRING (1959)...  Directed by Ingmar Bergman.  While not a horror movie, per se, the rape/murder scene is pretty horrific, especially for it's time.  A hauntingly beautiful film.  Wes Craven once (supposedly) said that this was his inspiration for THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

BaronLatos35

- Web Of The Spider (great 70's Euro Horror, a new Haunted House favorite filled with gothic images, ghosts and vampires, a great Halloween movie)
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

mike c

Quote from: Scatter on January 29, 2009, 09:29:25 PM
Agreed. I love Ed Wood!! I just picked up this little boxset of some of his brilliance.......

I love the title. "The Ed Wood Collection - A Salute to Incompetence". When I saw that, I just HAD to have it LOL!!

By the way, that's an EXCELLENT collection, nice transfers, clean audio (for the most part), a well-done package. Had mine for a year now!

Mike C.

monsterphile

ramsey37

I watched "The Night Stalker" tonight. All the talk recently about Kolchack in another thread here forced me to order the "Night Stalker/Night Strangler" double feature DVD. While I've seen the series episodes a number of times, I'd never seen the original movies that kicked it all off. I really enjoyed the movie!
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

monsterphile

George,

The 2nd movie, THE NIGHT STRANGLER, doesn't have the same chill factor, but it's a fun story with a ton of great guest stars.  I think you'll like it as well.

Rob

michblk

"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

toysoldierman2001

ramsey37

Quote from: monsterphile on January 30, 2009, 02:31:35 AM
George,

The 2nd movie, THE NIGHT STRANGLER, doesn't have the same chill factor, but it's a fun story with a ton of great guest stars.  I think you'll like it as well.

Rob
I watched "The Night Strangler" this morning, and you're right, it was enjoyable. I still prefer the first film, but it was cool seeing all the cameo appearances by folks like Margaret Hamilton, John Carradine, Wally Cox, and Al Lewis, among others.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Scatter

Quote from: ramsey37 on January 30, 2009, 02:20:27 AM
I watched "The Night Stalker" tonight. All the talk recently about Kolchack in another thread here forced me to order the "Night Stalker/Night Strangler" double feature DVD. While I've seen the series episodes a number of times, I'd never seen the original movies that kicked it all off. I really enjoyed the movie!
George

I'm waiting for mine to come. I haven't seen the movies either and I'm really looking forward to it. Is the series pretty true to the movies?? Sometimes the changes are significant. I hope not, because the series was simply classic.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

toysoldierman2001

Scatter

"Bad Ronald".........brought back some memories there!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Memphremagog

Children Of the Damned(1963)
The Church(1988)
Silence Of the Lambs(1991)
The Black Doll(1938)
The Boogeyman(1981)
The Town That Dreaded Sundown(1977)
Deep Risng(1998)
American Nightmare(2001)
The Ghoul(1933)
Beast Of Blood(1970)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Unknown Primate

"Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte" & "The Night Of The Hunter".  Still spooky after all these years.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "