Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kklloo

QuoteThis sounds great! I would definetly love to participate in this!

Should be fun.  I will post a thread on November 1.  This will allow for the October rolls that some folks are (see me for prime example) to finish up their Halloween viewing.

If I have the movie, I'm in.

Just watched Night of the Living Dead, the Remake and Beetlejuice.

Crazy1van

I just watched ALONE IN THE DARK, a sad attempt to turn the video game franchise into a movie franchise.  But hey, it starred Tara Reid and Christian Slater. 

I also watched the 1st 20 minutes of ZOMBIE STRIPPERS.  The best part was, being as I'm in the military, counting all the REALLY obvious mistakes in the 1st 10 minutes of it, and then seeing Robert Englund appear as the owner of an illegal strip club.  It did have a few inspired gags, like the 4th term election of Pres W. and his VEEP Schwartzineggar.  There may have been more such moments, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

Finally watched SCREAM OF THE WOLF.  I can only assume this made-for-tv werewolf flick was inspired by the original She-Wolf of London, since I never saw a frickin' werewolf on-screen!
Homo homini lupus
"Man is a wolf to man"

http://www.pjfarmer.com/woldnewton/Talbot.pdf

packy120353

At around 5 this morning I watched Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman (from legacy set) on my laptop in the dark basement monster room and wearing good headphones. Enjoyed it a lot though it features a couple loose ends. I really like classic Lon Chaney in this,  especially posing as "Mr. Taylor". They sure didn't drag out endings in those days did they? Dam blows up, castle crumbles roll credits! I want to watch some more in this same method - it's so intimate to have a screen that close to one's face and then nice loud headphones to block out that pesky distracting real life.

Bogey

Quote from: packy120353 on October 06, 2008, 01:18:47 AM
At around 5 this morning I watched Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman (from legacy set) on my laptop in the dark basement monster room and wearing good headphones. Enjoyed it a lot though it features a couple loose ends. I really like classic Lon Chaney in this,  especially posing as "Mr. Taylor". They sure didn't drag out endings in those days did they? Dam blows up, castle crumbles roll credits! I want to watch some more in this same method - it's so intimate to have a screen that close to one's face and then nice loud headphones to block out that pesky distracting real life.

My first Universal movie I ever saw....the ending blew me away, literally.  ;)

raycastile

This weekend I watched Sasquatch and The Mysterious Monsters, continuing a Bigfoot movie marathon I started a couple weeks ago.  Next week I will finish up with Curse of Bigfoot and my first-ever viewing of Night of the Demon.  Wish me luck on that one. 

I also just watched When the Gods Fall Asleep.
Raymond Castile

Monsterkid71

The Blob (Original) Thanks to Chiller! I had never seen this one........believe it or not!

Halloween II

Daimajin

On Saturday I watched the Criterion release of Fiend Without A Face.  Liked it so much that I watched it again with Tom Weaver's commentary.  Enjoyed that so much, that I followed up with Creature from the Black Lagoon with Tom Weaver's commentary.

Sunday I watched Konga.  "Put me down! Konga!  Put me down!"

They're going to make you one of them, my peacock!

ramsey37

I just watched my new DVD of "First Men in the Moon". It's hard to hate a Harryhausen flick ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Memphremagog

Latest viewings were:

NIGHT OF THE GHOULS(1958)
ONE MISSED CALL(2008)
EQUINOX(1970)
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE(1958)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY(1945)
THE 4D MAN(1959)
CALL OF CTHULHU(2004)
DARK SHADOWS:

Bogey

Quote from: Memphremagog on October 08, 2008, 12:46:08 AM
PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY(1945)

One of my all-time favorite books....I have never seen the movie though.

kklloo

QuotePICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY(1945)

This movie, to me, was a bit dull and slow.

ramsey37

I watched the 1976 "King Kong" this morning. I picked it up today at the local Wal-Mart for $4.00. I hadn't watched the movie in probably thirty years, and now I can see why ;)
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Bogey

Quote from: ramsey37 on October 08, 2008, 03:29:46 AM
I watched the 1976 "King Kong" this morning. I picked it up today at the local Wal-Mart for $4.00. I hadn't watched the movie in probably thirty years, and now I can see why ;)
George

Agreed.  With a $5 coupon, I might consider it.  ;) ;)

Memphremagog

THE STRANGE CASE OF DR.JEKYLL & MR.HYDE(1973) w/Jack Palance..
DARK SHADOWS: