Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Lester

Prophecy. Mid 70s enviro movie that was very much like a 70s TV movie of the week until the last 20 or so minutes when mutant mama bear killed a few people looking for her mutant cub(thanks to the local paper/chemical mill that was SOOO NOT putting bad stuff in the water). Not bad if you like the afore mentioned . Found it on sale at Bestbuy for $4. 4.5 outta 10.

ramsey37

Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Sean

I will be watching Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein on DVD tonight.

Moonshadow

Quote from: Sean on October 15, 2009, 01:57:59 AM

hey Sean, I watched that this last Saturday, even fired up the popcorn machine! It's just such a fun movie.

It was no coincidence that one of my best buds told me the next day that he was going to watch it that night! I think A&CMF is one of the most beloved monster flicks.

Memphremagog

Evil Dead(1982)
American Psycho(2000)
Horror Of Frankenstein(1970)
The Mad Ghoul(1943)
Hellraiser: Hellseeker(2005)
The Screaming Dead(2003)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mitchellmania

Classic Horror Movies:
Man Made Monster
Alligator People!

The Creeper

Long live the UMA!

Wicked Lester

Quote from: The Creeper on October 16, 2009, 01:23:04 AM
The Seventh Moon

So how was it? A buy or a one time rental? I've been looking at this one.

BlackLagoon

"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

The Creeper

Quote from: Wicked Lester on October 16, 2009, 01:33:50 AM
So how was it? A buy or a one time rental? I've been looking at this one.
It was ok, I thought it was kinda weird and didn't really keep interested.  But I was kinda tired and started to doze off so I had to stand up and wake myself up to finish it. 

Just watched:

Children

I like this one a lot, and is worth buying in my opinion.  Check it out if you haven't.
Long live the UMA!

Sean

hey Sean, I watched that this last Saturday, even fired up the popcorn machine! It's just such a fun movie.

It was no coincidence that one of my best buds told me the next day that he was going to watch it that night! I think A&CMF is one of the most beloved monster flicks.
>>>

It's definitely a fun movie.  Wilbur's 'You and 20 million other guys...' line to Talbot was a classic.  It reminds me of the nickel spook houses we used to put on in my parents' basement around Halloween when I was a kid.  All the kids on the block would get together to work on home made props and special effects and homemade costumes-------and like the movie, we'd have all kinds of monsters running around.  Just fun stuff.  The straight played monsters with the comedy team of A&C just worked. 

It's nostaligic for me.  I remember church every Sunday, then we'd visit my grandparents and eat a meal with them afterward.  I think it was channel 11 WPIX then (central NJ) that showed the Abbott & Costello movies early afternoon (maybe 12pm or 1pm?) and I'd watch them there at my grandparents' house.  And naturally, A&C Meet Frank was my all-time favorite.

The DVD I watched had some nice 'additional features' as well.

Memphremagog

Die,Monster,Die!(1965)
Witchhouse: Demonfire(2001)
Planet Of the Vampires(1965)
The Playgirls & the Vampire(1961)
Splatter Beach(2005)
Sinful(2003)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

The Creeper

Long live the UMA!

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)