Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Psycho (1960)

*Watched some of the extras: "The Making of Psycho" and "In The Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy"

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on September 22, 2019, 06:11:06 PM
Psycho (1960)

*Watched some of the extras: "The Making of Psycho" and "In The Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy"

Fantastic film
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

The Omen (1976)-
  Watched this last night and was very impressed. This film really holds up well. The Jerry Goldsmith score has always been one of my favorites. The bluray has an isolated music track so you don't even have to buy the soundtrack album.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 22, 2019, 07:08:58 PM
The Omen (1976)-
  Watched this last night and was very impressed. This film really holds up well. The Jerry Goldsmith score has always been one of my favorites. The bluray has an isolated music track so you don't even have to buy the soundtrack album.

Another fantastic film
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

Galaxy Of Terror(1981)
Batman(1989)
The Terror Within(1983)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

House of a 1000 Corpses-2003
The Devil's Rejects-2005
Three From Hell-2019(September 17th)

Mike...In 3-D!

The Endless (2018)
Frankenstein Created Woman (1967)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Memphremagog

Mothra vs Godzilla(1964)
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster(1965)
Dementia 13(1963)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Monsters For Sale

Storm of the Century, The, 1999 - Little Tall Island is visited by a horrible storm and an even more horrifying presence.

Made for TV as a three-part mini series, I still think of this as a theatrical class movie.  Beautifully staged, photographed and very nicely acted.

This movie is an odd comfort film for me.  I drag it out when the summer heat is oppressive and I want a break.  I turn up the air conditioner, close the blinds against the bright sunshine and immerse myself in the story.

I also enjoy watching it during cold, rainy (we don't get snow) winter days when I want to embrace the season more thoroughly.

It is one of those wonderful films where I like all the characters and imagine I would relish living among them on their little island.

Odd, that I should want the story to continue, when the people living through it want nothing so much as to have it end.

Stephen King's stories have that effect on me.  The Shawshank Redemption is a terrible tale, yet I always think the movie ends too soon.  The Green Mile is not a pleasant story, but I still am left wanting to know more of Paul's life - even though I know the end will be a sad one.  For all of its warm nostalgia, Stand By Me is not a happy narrative, but I hate when their journey finally ends.

Anyone else react to King's stories like me?  Or do I just get too sentimental about fictional characters?
ADAM

marsattacks666

Monsters For Sale.

I can relate to you predilection for Stephen King's characters and films. I my humble opinion. The Shawshank Redemption is one of King's best films. From the begin, I was hooked and felt a connection to the protagonist Andy Dufresne.
Not in the sense being imprisoned. But for his stoic attitude, compassion and selflessness towards the other inmates, without question. As Dufresne, sized up the situation and Ellis(Red) in the film.

Christine and Carrie are two films I enjoy and have another connection, in terms of growing up, watching the films. Both had an impact on me. Especially Carrie-1976. DePalma knew how to convey the character Carrie White on to screen. As well as Margaret White(Piper Laurie).

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 24, 2019, 05:55:31 PM
Anyone else react to King's stories like me?

Yeah, I wanna know what Andy and Red did, after they meet up on that beach! Did it have something to do with that boat? Did they become fishermen?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 24, 2019, 08:40:37 PM
Yeah, I wanna know what Andy and Red did, after they meet up on that beach! Did it have something to do with that boat? Did they become fishermen?

Maybe they became a couple, hidden from society. Their love a secret during that era. Oh, love is grand.

geezer butler

Scars of Dracula (1970)

Blue-ray looks fantastic. Great restoration imo.

marsattacks666

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre-1974( At the Drive-In)

Mord