Author Topic: EBAY Auction-Creature from the Black Lagoon 1971 Penn Plaxx Aquarium Aerator  (Read 679 times)

Mayhew

• New Recruit
Creature from the Black Lagoon 1971 Penn Plaxx Aquarium aerator RARE !!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creature-from-the-Black-Lagoon-1971-Penn-Plaxx-Aquarium-aerator-RARE-/110908544297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2aa1529

Box contains 5.75" tall plastic figure of The Creature. Figure is jointed at waist and has air tube running into back. Toy was to be placed in aquarium and air tube would fill upper torso with air, causing body to move and release air bubbles. 1971. Box has virutually NO WEAR with exception strips of tape discolored by age as issued. Amazing color on the box with an overall AMAZING appearance. The figure is in MINT, untouched and never removed from box. This item is one of the rarest Creature collectibles and is extremely rare boxed. 

This is a RARE opportunity to own one of the FINEST examples of this rare monster memorabilia !!!! Please take a close look at all of the pictures. This Creature from the Black Lagoon has NEVER been touched. The tape on the bottom right as seen in the bottom picture has dried and seperated over the last 41 years. In the view showing the inside of the box, focusing on the bottom. You will see the rubber band sitting on the bottom left hand side. This would have dry rotted and fallen to the base over the years. There are a few recent examples that can be found over the past several years, none of which compare to the quality of this one. All fingers are intact !!! Which seems to be the biggest flaw of the examples sold. One sold on E-bay last year that was BROKE IN HALF sold for over $850.  This one (from research) appears to be the very first "Creature" released. Green with a gold belly, and without the later added fin version. Afte multiple phone calls to Monster Memorabilia Collectors, and internet research, I have been told...."You have the Holy Grail of monster memorabilia". Even the corners on this box are sharp !!! Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

The "Creature" will be shipped very carefully packaged and insured. It will be shipped via winning bidders choice of carrier (USPS, UPS, or Fed Ex) via priority 3 day shipping or it's equivalant. If the winning bidder want it overnight, you will have to pay the difference.  Please feel free to contact me with any question regarding this item. I will check daily for questions and respond within 24 hours. Thank you for looking !!!!

]

Universal Monster Army