Which Hasbro Painting by Numbers sets do you like the best?

Started by Hepcat, June 26, 2012, 04:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Quote from: Kidagain on September 07, 2016, 07:55:34 PMJeeze, over 4 years and still no winner!

Well then get out the vote! I'd like to see a couple hundred ballots cast here anyway.

C:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Kidagain

Hep, there are over 7,000 members listed here but if you notice it's only a small percentage that actually posts on the board.Don't know if you will get the couple of hundred votes your looking for but good luck. If you don't mind how many votes have you received in 4 years?

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: Kidagain on September 14, 2016, 11:37:10 AMHep, there are over 7,000 members listed here but if you notice it's only a small percentage that actually posts on the board.Don't know if you will get the couple of hundred votes your looking for but good luck. If you don't mind how many votes have you received in 4 years?

In all seriousness I really don't understand your problem. It's as if you're opposed to me, or anybody else, bumping up this thread once or twice a year.

???

But this is not only the single best thread on the Hasbro Painting by Numbers sets on this board, but it's likely the most comprehensive overview of these sets anywhere on the internet. Therefore it should be bumped up periodically! There's no way this thread should be left to fade into the mists of time.

cl:)

Mike Scott

Every contest needs an ending and a winner. If you don't have that, people are going to loose interest, fast.

Usually when we bump threads, it's because there's something new to add, even if it's just a new guy expressing his thoughts on the subject.

If someone wants to do the research, I'll put up a sticky topic with links to the most interesting threads. To qualify, a thread should have a good amount of info on the topic.
CREATURE FAN

Kidagain

Hep, don't take anything I said as being nasty to you.I stay out of any thread that seems to be getting out of hand between members here but like Mike said you started this thread as a contest so there needs to be a winner in a reasonable amount of time and this will be my last comment on your post. So do what you wish with it.

Hepcat

Quote from: Kidagain on September 15, 2016, 05:01:22 PM...but like Mike said you started this thread as a contest so there needs to be a winner in a reasonable amount of time....

Interesting! My thinking at the time was that the best general catch-all thread on these Hasbro sets would be a poll. I thought the poll feature would just serve as an added element of interest.

:-\

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on September 17, 2016, 03:19:23 AM
I thought the poll feature would just serve as an added element of interest.

I guess I misunderstood your intent, as most people use the polls as a "who's/what's best" contest.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

But these "old" polls are fresh and new to members who have joined in more recent months.

???

Hepcat

Here's a very cool Captain Company ad from Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine for the first three Hasbro Paint by Numbers sets:

8)

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 13, 2019, 02:17:44 PM
Here's a very cool Captain Company ad from Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine for the first three Hasbro Paint by Numbers sets:

8)

Awesome....ness!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Hasbro also released several wild cool Munsters Painting by Number sets in 1965. Here's the one for Granpa Munster:

The Munsters Painting by Number sets are even harder to find than the Universal Painting by Number sets these days.

:(

RPM

RPM

Hepcat

Hepcat

Here's a good picture that RPM discovered from a catalogue displaying three of these sets:

:)