The Original RAPPER -

Started by TheWolfman, April 15, 2014, 02:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWolfman

Rap was being played way before the 80's, ever listen to BOB DYLAN, Tangled Up In Blue ?
Even a man who is pure in heart,and says his prayers by night,may become a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is full and bright, AAHHOOoooo

Mord

Quote from: TheWolfman on April 15, 2014, 02:22:39 PM
Rap was being played way before the 80's, ever listen to BOB DYLAN, Tangled Up In Blue ?
How about "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (1965)?

Hepcat

Those songs don't have the characteristic rap beat. Not that I can abide rap, but those Bob Dylan tunes don't make it as proto-rap.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

Quote from: Hepcat on November 04, 2017, 02:58:18 AM
Those songs don't have the characteristic rap beat. Not that I can abide rap, but those Bob Dylan tunes don't make it as proto-rap.

Not the beat, but the rapid wordplay. Readi the lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" out loud. It cant help but turn into a rap (a highly intelligent version, anyway).

Sean

Quote from: Mord on November 05, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Not the beat, but the rapid wordplay. Readi the lyrics to "Like a Rolling Stone" out loud. It cant help but turn into a rap (a highly intelligent version, anyway).

GREAT song to sing to in the car.  With my daughters prisoner in the backseat. >:D

Mord

Quote from: Sean on November 06, 2017, 03:14:21 AM
GREAT song to sing to in the car.  With my daughters prisoner in the backseat. >:D
Love hearing that. If they heed the message of the song, they won't turn into the dejected subject in the lyrics.

Mord

Quote from: Hepcat on November 04, 2017, 02:58:18 AM

Wrong.Google "Dylan's influence on rap"....many articles and write ups on this.

Sean

Quote from: Mord on November 06, 2017, 04:33:30 PM
Love hearing that. If they heed the message of the song, they won't turn into the dejected subject in the lyrics.

Right you are.

Hepcat

Complete nonsense!

This is the original Wrapper:

It's the single best publication I've ever encountered on monster and other non-sport trading cards. Les Davis has been publishing The Wrapper since 1978:

I just keep renewing my subscription. Here's the website:

The Wrapper Magazine

8)

Wolfman

The Jaggerz. That's THE original Rapper! Lol

JP

Hepcat

Quote from: Mord on November 06, 2017, 04:33:30 PMLove hearing that. If they heed the message of the song, they won't turn into the dejected subject in the lyrics.

I disagree. I don't think the Rolling Stones have much about which to be dejected.

:-\

Hepcat

But the Jubalaires were good too!

:)

ralphusthegreat

so many of those "talking blues" tracks of old would almost make it