Author Topic: What song brings you to tears ??  (Read 2582 times)

TheWolfman

• Corporal
What song brings you to tears ??
« on: May 27, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »
 If you could name one song from any style, or era, what song or instamental  that could bring you to tears whenever you hear it ??? For me there is one song that tugs the hear every time i hear it, its a instramental played with a bugel, to honor those who have died in the military. TAPS !!!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:27:20 PM by TheWolfman »
Even a man who is pure in heart,and says his prayers by night,may become a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is full and bright, AAHHOOoooo

Unknown Primate

• Sergeant
  • Legend of Wildcat Creek
Re: What song brings you to tears ??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Ok - here it is...

"Vincent" by Don McLean.   I also get a little choked up by Julio Iglesias' version of the same song.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Illoman

• Sergeant
    • Peel the Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
One that most folks here have never heard. It's by a band called Adam Again, and the song is "You Can Fall in Love". I can't tell you how many times this song has reduced me to a blubbering mess. Not that that's a bad thing. I feel much better after a good cry.  ::)

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
Anything by Barbara Streisand not only reduces me to tears but also gives me the bird flu and mad cow disease.....and a stroke.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Illoman

• Sergeant
    • Peel the Paint
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:38:19 PM »
Anything by Barbara Streisand not only reduces me to tears but also gives me the bird flu and mad cow disease.....and a stroke.

Well spoken, my friend. My distaste for Ms Streisand's music is well known where I work. During Christmas her inane version of Jingle Bells is enough to make me run out of the store screaming. Once a good friend of mine found an 8 track tape copy of one of her Christmas albums and left it on my desk! The following Christmas the same jokester left a framed 11"x14" photo of her on my desk!!  ::)

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
Well spoken, my friend. My distaste for Ms Streisand's music is well known where I work. During Christmas her inane version of Jingle Bells is enough to make me run out of the store screaming. Once a good friend of mine found an 8 track tape copy of one of her Christmas albums and left it on my desk! The following Christmas the same jokester left a framed 11"x14" photo of her on my desk!!  ::)

That is uncanny that you said that!! I was going to say more about Jingle Bells but I thought I had said enough. My mother had that on one of her Christmas compliations as a kid and I swear on everything I think it gave me panic attacks. While I'm a huge Christmas fan, I'm fairly sure that song could suck the life out of every elf in the North Pole.

I swear on my grandmother's nativity scene........that song is 100% pure concentrated evil. It's like the "Anti-Christmas".
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »
My favorite movie of all time is the movie musical Scrooge, w/Albert Finney. Many of the songs stir my soul & reduce me to tears.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Flower

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
Marty Balin - Hearts
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

charp13

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
Joey Ramone's version of "What a Wonderful World" makes me cry, even when I just think about it. It is so beautiful and goes right to my heart. And it came out at such a sad time.
Also- Mendelssohn 5- Reformation makes me weep openly. I can no longer listen to it while I'm driving because it overwhelms me. Ahhhh soooooo wonderful  :)

Street Worm

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »
"Peace" - Metropole Orchestra - Tribute to Joe Zawinul  :'(

& not so much the song, but the intro gets me every time...
one last duet-

Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter Duet Part 1

Flower

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
A SONG FOR YOU - Leon Russell & Friends (1971)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

It's like you looked into my soul before you posted. Streisand is pure, unadulterated evil.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

missdead13

• Sergeant
  • " the prettiest girl in the morgue "
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Johnny Cash - Hurt
" Your future is in an oblong box "

Scatter

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
Johnny Cash - Hurt

LOVE this!! That's some eerie shiaaat right there.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Street Worm

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
A SONG FOR YOU - Leon Russell & Friends (1971)

Ah! Leon's 1971 "Homewood Sessions" PBS concert-
I've got to find that on DVD one day -  Great show!