Don't you just love when they are STATUESQUE?

Started by gracebuster, August 14, 2008, 05:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

Quote from: dtrav on January 16, 2009, 11:47:00 PM
the invisable man esco was on ebay last year and went for $1400.

Invisible man? What? This all seems surreal. Can we see a pic?
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Monster Bob

Are these the smaller size? I know I have had the big plaster Bozo, but there is a smaller resin Bozo that is not as good looking (likeness-wise) as the bigger one, but is still slicker in sculpting and paint technique. Besides markings/stickers. it would be interesting to check out the paint in person and compare- especially the airbrushing.

dtrav

ok real quick. ill be honest bob all these esco statues as i look at them are airbrushed and they are not done good. looks like they were done fast and there is alot of overspray.  these are full size 15-17 inch statues made of chalkware or plaster? i will attach some more pics. very shocking they have never been seen before. no one on this forum has any of these statues?

anyone ever seen this one?

or this one..hitchcock

* ed by fmofmpls to show pics.

Illoman

These are the only Escos I own, and they mean more to me than any monetary value that could be attached to them. When I was growing up, we didn't have a lot of money for frivolous things like statues of WC Fields and Laurel and Hardy. My Mom and I were shopping at an Elder Beerman's here in Dayton in the late 60's/early 70's. We saw these statues. At that time Nostalgia was riding high. My Dad introduced me to the films of these guys (as well as the Marx. Bros, and Charlie Chaplin) so these guys meant a lot to me at the time. Each one of these had some damage to them. My Mom bought them at a reduced price, went home, got out some plaster, and restored them and repainted them. You can't see where she worked on them!!

Since my Mom has been sick and can't do any crafts any more they mean even more to me.

Thanks,
Mike

Monster Bob

I don't remember the alien but I do remember the Hitchcock.

The classic comics are great Mike! I had a Tuscany WC Fields that got destroyed.

Scatter

Quote from: Illoman on January 17, 2009, 01:19:33 AM
These are the only Escos I own, and they mean more to me than any monetary value that could be attached to them. When I was growing up, we didn't have a lot of money for frivolous things like statues of WC Fields and Laurel and Hardy. My Mom and I were shopping at an Elder Beerman's here in Dayton in the late 60's/early 70's. We saw these statues. At that time Nostalgia was riding high. My Dad introduced me to the films of these guys (as well as the Marx. Bros, and Charlie Chaplin) so these guys meant a lot to me at the time. Each one of these had some damage to them. My Mom bought them at a reduced price, went home, got out some plaster, and restored them and repainted them. You can't see where she worked on them!!

Since my Mom has been sick and can't do any crafts any more they mean even more to me.

Thanks,
Mike

Nice story Mike........some things are definitely priceless.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

hugohernandez

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on August 14, 2008, 09:57:32 PM
The word "satuesque" always makes me think of Julie Newmar.

(Statuesque like a brick outhouse!)

Ha Ha, how To Wong Foo of you.   My favorite film.    that being said, does anyone have a Tuscany Wolfman for sale?
"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"