Author Topic: Booberry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Fruit Brute  (Read 62973 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: Booberry, Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Fruit Brute
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
I scored two boxes of Boo Berry at my neighbourhood Loblaws supermarket yesterday for $0.99 a box!

;D

I wish Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy were also available though....

:(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:33:17 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
I scored two boxes of Boo Berry at my neighbourhood Loblaws supermarket yesterday for $0.99 a box!

;D

Great score, Hepcat.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Nosferatu79

• Corporal
« Reply #392 on: November 08, 2018, 01:32:03 AM »

Yes, I liked both when they came back in 2013 and 2013 Yummy Mummy was the greatest cereal I've ever had. I realize both 2013 Mummy and 2013 Brute were not their original recipes, but I can't imagine the original Mummy recipe being better than the 2013 one. I wish they never took the 2013 version away.

YoungestMonsterKid

• Sergeant
« Reply #393 on: November 08, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
For some reason, I only saw the cereals in stores, once this year. Either in late September or early October. I don't know why, but I'm guessing maybe only small shipments of them went out.

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »
In the last year or so I have had all of these monster cereals and I can't figure out the love for them. They are either very bland or in the case of Fruit Brute too sugary sweet. I'll stick to my Apple Jacks.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »
I bought the big family size boxes of Count Chocula, Frankenberry, Booberry, and Halloween Lucky charms, at Walmart early in October. First thing was to remove the cereal bags from the boxes and break them down, fold 'em up, and add them to the ever rising mountain of monster junk:laugh:  I've been snacking on the cereal for weeks. Still have some Count Chocula. I like to eat them dry while I'm watching movies and such. It's become somewhat of a ritual every October.  tynhrt
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #396 on: November 08, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »
In the last year or so I have had all of these monster cereals and I can't figure out the love for them. They are either very bland or in the case of Fruit Brute too sugary sweet. I'll stick to my Apple Jacks.

The original cereals had a frosted coating on the cereal itself, it was removed at some point in the 90's and the cereals have been bland ever since.  The closest you can get to the original flavor is to use the cereals to make "Rice Krispie treats", it's the only way I'll eat them.  Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy were originally misc. fruit flavored cereal, like Froot Loops; Yummy Mummy actually replaced Fruit Brute when it was first introduced.  When they reissued them together they decided to change their flavoring up, Fruit Brute as cherry flavor and Yummy Mummy as orange flavor...but they still haven't put back on the frosted coating to any of them.

Nosferatu79

• Corporal
« Reply #397 on: November 09, 2018, 04:10:45 PM »
In the last year or so I have had all of these monster cereals

in the case of Fruit Brute too sugary sweet.

Where did you find the Brute in the last year or so? It's been five years since I last saw it :(