MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT #30 COVER AND INSIDE QUERY

Started by Anton Phibes, May 07, 2012, 02:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

OK----this is gonna sound weird. I dont collect MFTV, but I do peek in at it every issue. The cover and a small inset picture on which the cover is based is of Dr. Phibes. The picture is attributed as being (who else, naturally) Vincent Price. Because we all know Price played Phibes in the 2 films.

But this picture reminds me more of Forry Ackerman.  Let me explain. Long ago (I cannot remember the magazine)There was an issue of Famous Monsters or Monster-something where Forry had himself transformed into Dr. Phibes. He looked a lot like Price after he got made up....but he looked exactly like the photo used for the painting for MFTV #30.

Is it possible that this is the picture of Forry as Phibes, or is it actually Vinney? Just curious, and yes---I know I probably sound like a looney tune with OCD. It's just that the photo of Forry as Phibes had a wow factor that etched itself into my brain....and this looks like the picture I remember.

Thanks for humoring me,lol. :angel: :angel: ;) ;D

UPDATE: IT WAS AN ISSUE OF FM. HERE IS ONE OF THE SHOTS FROM THE SHOOT.

zombiehorror

That cover is definitely Vincent...I see no Ackerman in there!  Awesome cover by the way!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: zombiehorror on May 07, 2012, 03:18:24 PM
That cover is definitely Vincent...I see no Ackerman in there!  Awesome cover by the way!

I really couldnt tell. Its an unusual shot of Vinney...and once Forry is made up---they look like brothers in Phibes.

RedKing

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Count_Zirock

Forry's face is fuller, and his moustache is heavier. That's a painting of Price, no doubts about it.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

Illoman

Quote from: RedKing on May 22, 2012, 07:35:34 PM
Forry kinda looks like Captain Kangaroo to me

He just needs some ping pong balls raining down on him! LOL!!!

dlhenderson

Dancing Bear! The Magic Drawing Board! The Banana Man! Bunny Rabbit! Puffin' Billy!
BTW, I remember a shot of Forry in an issue of FM, from his stint in, oh heck...was it The Time Travelers? In the caption he refers to himself as the "poor man's Vincent Price".