AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!

Started by BigShadow, May 04, 2012, 01:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seed_murda

Quote from: zombiehorror on May 05, 2012, 10:12:59 PMHoly friggin' mackerel, not sure if I'll be seeing it again in theaters but I'll definitely be picking it up the day it hits on dvd!!

Yea, I just might go see it again but this time in 3d.

What did everyone here see the movie in? 2d or 3d ?? I saw it in 2d because I honestly didnt want to pay 15 bucks to see a movie that might not even be worth the 3d. I am interested to hear from the peeps who saw it in 3d. Was the 3d worth it? Or was it mostly in 2d but with a few extra 3d scenes?
"A man who limits his interests limits his life."
— Vincent Price

BlackLagoon

I'm a comic book nut and this went above and beyond what my expectations were.

I don't even know what to say....I'll say this.....when I saw Thanos, I should've brought extra boxers.

Holy crap, that was awesome.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Count_Zirock

Think I'll see this next weekend, just to mess with "Dork Shadow"'s opening weekend. It'll be lucky to open at #2.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Universal Steve

Just saw it yesterday. BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!  Hope everyone stayed after the credits to see the ending. It was funny.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

king_ghidorah

Quote from: Scatter on May 04, 2012, 09:04:22 PM
That makes 3 of us.......Jordan and I will have to hit this one!

Make that four!!  (Strangely I wasn't a huge fan of the Cap film...Thor was a lot better to me, but I like the idea of a moral compass on the team.  The world needs more heroes like Cap)  I posted in the other Avengers thread my thoughts on this.  To paraphrase...really good film.  I think the SHIELD characters are kind of lame.  I want more superheroes in the next one...Ant Man, Wasp, Black Panther and Vision please.   

seed_murda

"A man who limits his interests limits his life."
— Vincent Price

king_ghidorah

Mitchellmania

Really enjoyed it with my two sons!!

Moonshadow

We enjoyed it so much we saw it twice this weekend. The scale is huge, yet everyone gets their moment or two to shine. I felt like all the characters were pitch-perfect, except Hawkeye, who seemed to have little personality. But that didn't bother me at all, given that the film had so many moments we Marvel fans have been wanting to see our whole lives! The action was epic and the humor was well done, not forced.  I also think they've finally figured out how to do the Hulk. I was concerned when I heard Mark Ruffalo had been signed to play Banner but he does an excellent job. It was a good move to do motion capture and have Ruffalo also play the Hulk. Hulk has much more personality in this film.

This movie was just flat-out fun. We may go see it again in a few weeks when our niece and nephew visit!

FACTO2

Just got back from seeing it.  Most fun I've had at a movie in a very long time.  Will be seeing it again, maybe twice.
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Monolith

I saw it in 2D and enjoyed it and would like to see it again. It was a lot of fun.

A little bit of fun facts- Did you know they used a combination of Mark Ruffalo and Lou Ferrigno's voices for the roars and growls of the Hulk?
Ted Cassidy did the growls on the '70's TV HULK, not Lou Ferrigno, interestingly enough. Ted Cassidy also narrated the intro to the TV show.

Haunted hearse

This movie was written by Josh Whedon.  Considering how successful Whedon has been in the past with Vampire material, I think WB made a mistake not getting Whedon to do the new Dark Shadows film.  I really liked "Cabin in the Woods", and I think he may have actually made a film that wouldn't have upset fans of the original series, and  would have had a broader appeal to anybody unfamiliar with the old soap opera.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Haunted hearse on May 10, 2012, 08:27:07 PM
This movie was written by Josh Whedon.  Considering how successful Whedon has been in the past with Vampire material, I think WB made a mistake not getting Whedon to do the new Dark Shadows film.  I really liked "Cabin in the Woods", and I think he may have actually made a film that wouldn't have upset fans of the original series, and  would have had a broader appeal to anybody unfamiliar with the old soap opera.
Joss Whedon also wrote the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie with Kristy Swanson and Rutger Hauer. It was such a bomb, Fox Broadcasting passed on the series and was shocked when The WB picked it up. Of course, with control over the material, Joss was able to give it the darker tone he'd originally intended for the film. Joss is really good at handling large, ensemble casts.

Marti Noxon, a producer & writer on "Buffy" and "Angel," wrote the "Fright Night" remake and "I Am Number Four." She's not as good a writer as Joss, but she'd have turned in a capable "Dark Shadows" script, I bet.

The thing is, Burton/Depp wanted a comedy. They chucked out John August's supposedly darker version and hired Mr. "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies," Seth Grahame-Smith. That's how Burton ended up producing "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"-- which SGS also scripted, and it looks a lot darker and scarier than "Dark Shadows."

FACTO2

Quote from: Count_Zirock on May 10, 2012, 10:21:55 PMJoss Whedon also wrote the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie with Kristy Swanson and Rutger Hauer.
But let's be clear.  Joss didn't have any creative control over that movie.  Exec producers and director really screwed that one up.  Not Joss.  We saw his true vision of the story in the series which brought to life what Buffy should have been in the movie. 
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

Count_Zirock

Quote from: FACTO2 on May 10, 2012, 10:49:44 PMBut let's be clear.  Joss didn't have any creative control over that movie.  Exec producers and director really screwed that one up.  Not Joss.  We saw his true vision of the story in the series which brought to life what Buffy should have been in the movie.
Didn't I make that clear? I thought I'd made that clear.
Quote from: Count_Zirock on May 10, 2012, 10:21:55 PMOf course, with control over the material, Joss was able to give it the darker tone he'd originally intended for the film.