Night Gallery

Started by Memphremagog, April 29, 2012, 03:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

I loved that. Those roving eyes.
Raymond Castile

raycastile

I used to watch Night Gallery on MeTV almost every night. Then they pushed it back to the wee hours of the morning. I rarely watch it now.

I wish they would show The Incredible Hulk on Saturday nights instead of Wonder Woman. And replace Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea with Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Then their Sci-Fi Saturday lineup would have my approval.

Raymond Castile

Anthony Caranci

Tuesday I watched Night Gallery episodes:

The Dead Man, The Housekeeper.

zombabe

Thank you for mentioning this!
I have never seen this before. I just watched one and I love it.
I especially like the background music, it's excellent.
It's not the kind that they like put on to loud volume to "scare you"  out of nowhere, with no matching to the voices what so ever. (I think they do that all the time now in series, ugh)
I will check the rest out. :)

WnewCreatureFeatures

Night Gallery is a fantastic show but when they sold the syndication package they took The Gary Collins tv show The Sixth Sense and put new titles on them and Rod Serling as well so they were "new" Night Galleries , his show was ok but not to the level of Night Gallery

If you watch a night Gallery and see Gary in it the chances are good it is a repackaged Sixth Sense ep.

WnewCreatureFeatures

Quote from: mjaycox on May 26, 2015, 02:18:19 AM
I know this takes us even further off topic... but I so wish there existed outtakes from Orson Welles' narration from the "Transformers" movie. One could only imagine him saying "What the hell is a Megatron??"

Here is a video of the infamous "fozen peas" meltdown Orson had while trying to record a commercial for Jolly Green Giant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhWM4_pIKVg

Thank you for posting this , it was a delight

Anthony Caranci

It's been a little while since I viewed a Night Gallery episode. So I thought that I would start watching my collection from the beginning. I can fit them in between Classic Universal Horror Films.

Tonight I begin with the episode that I already mentioned on May 28th (I think).
The Dead Man.
The Housekeeper. 

Anthony Caranci

Tonight I viewed:

Room with a View.
Little Black Bag.
The Nature of the Enemy.

Gory Glenn

Great show but for the life of me I can't recall specific episodes the way I can with Twilight Zone.

Haunted hearse

Quote from: WnewCreatureFeatures on July 17, 2015, 08:20:53 PM
Night Gallery is a fantastic show but when they sold the syndication package they took The Gary Collins tv show The Sixth Sense and put new titles on them and Rod Serling as well so they were "new" Night Galleries , his show was ok but not to the level of Night Gallery

If you watch a night Gallery and see Gary in it the chances are good it is a repackaged Sixth Sense ep.
I was kind of glad they did that.  I enjoyed the sixth sense, I'm sure Rod Serling was fine with doing the new openings, and the more episodes a show has, the better it is for syndication.  The only problem I have, is how they took each Hourlong sixth sense episode, and cut them down to a half hour.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Anthony Caranci

Tuesday I viewed these episodes:

The House.
Certain Shadows of the Wall (It almost seems as if you can see the ending to this episode coming from a mile away. Still,  very enjoyable).

Anthony Caranci

Monday night:

I viewed these episodes before my Universal Monster double feature:

Make Me Laugh, Clean Kills and other Trophies.

Pamela's Voice, Lone Survivor, The Doll.

Anthony Caranci

Wednesday night:

One Rod's best:

They're Tearing Down Tim Riley's Bar.
The Last Laurel.

Sean

I get Me TV and watch this every night now.  Love it!

Sean

Quote from: raycastile on May 26, 2015, 03:09:53 AM
I used to watch Night Gallery on MeTV almost every night. Then they pushed it back to the wee hours of the morning. I rarely watch it now.

I wish they would show The Incredible Hulk on Saturday nights instead of Wonder Woman. And replace Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea with Kolchak: The Night Stalker. Then their Sci-Fi Saturday lineup would have my approval.

Wow, Ray.  Your tweaks to the lineup would get my full approval. 8)