Author Topic: Moebius or Monarch?  (Read 2823 times)

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Re: Moebius or Monarch?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Wow! Hot pink styrene plastic pieces still on their sprues. Now that's a kit!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »
Can someone post a pic of the Moebius Invisible Man next to an Aurora kit like Frankie or Drac.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
I voted Monarch and here's why...the way I see it, Monarch is like a continuation of the old Aurora had they never stopped making kits. You can easily place Nosferatu, Ghost of Castle-Mare, and Gorgo right along side the rest of Aurora's 60's monster lineup and you'd never know they weren't originals.

Moebius, on the other hand, is the NEW Aurora. They've taken what Aurora did and gone to the next level with increased kit size, complexity, and likenesses. Either way, both companies are incredible and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

And just like Aurora, when it comes to box art it's Monarch that hits it out of the park.

:)

rkoenn

• Private First Class
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »
Can someone post a pic of the Moebius Invisible Man next to an Aurora kit like Frankie or Drac.

Here is my Invisible Man, one of Moebius's best IMO and the first Moebius I built, along with a couple of Aurora monsters.

Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 10:18:14 AM »
I wonder if there's any way a Mod could re-open voting in this thread?

???

AndyFish

• Corporal
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »
With the comics industry shut down I've had some free time on my hands-- cleaned out my studio, inventoried my comic book convention, and ordered and put together this kit which I've wanted since I was a kid;

It was a lot of fun!

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
Here is my Invisible Man, one of Moebius's best IMO and the first Moebius I built, along with a couple of Aurora monsters.

Love 'em all! That IM is great!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 09:36:33 PM »
. . . and ordered and put together this kit which I've wanted since I was a kid;

Beauty! Love the big guy!
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 05:44:35 PM »
Monarch did some great kits with killer box art, but the Big Frankie and Monster Scenes reissues really put Moebius over for me (and the Monster Scenes kits that weren't previously issued). I bought a couple of the Monster Scenes kits as a kid, the Frankenstein and Pain Parlor, and when I tried to buy some of them as an adult collector I found them to be too expensive when you could ever find them. The Moebius reissues are excellent. And, they finally made Big Frankie affordable by the average collector.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...