Author Topic: Moebius or Monarch?  (Read 2814 times)

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
Moebius or Monarch?
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:16:16 AM »
Monarch may take longer, but with kits like Nosferatu, the Ghost etc..I think they capture the Aurora feel better than Moebius' new kits.     Great kits, but they just don't fit in as well with the classic Aurora kits like Monarch's imo.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Wolfman

• Sergeant
Re: Moebius or Monarch?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »
Very close, but the new Bride of Frankenstein kit gives Moebius the edge for me.

JP

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
I agree. I'm giving Moebius the edge because of the Bride kit.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »
Moebius, I agree, the Bride kit swung my vote.

lblambert

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
That's a tough one...I agree with Dr T that the Monarch kits fit in better with the Aurora classics but on the other hand I like the Moebius line-up just a bit better. The Invisible Man, Mummy, and upcoming Bride of Frank kits pushed my vote for Moebius.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:47:41 AM »
I love both.  The Monarch box art and kits are great!  You can tell a lot of love goes into them.  Moebius has the Universal license, though, and they are doing fantastic things with our favorite characters.  I am just glad that both are producing kits.  And I am not going to pick one over the other.   ;)  Oh, and I also love Round 2 because of their reissues.  Who would have thought we'd ever get the original Dark Shadows models again?!  Fantastic output from all three!

StyreneDude

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:13 AM »
I voted Monarch and here's why...the way I see it, Monarch is like a continuation of the old Aurora had they never stopped making kits. You can easily place Nosferatu, Ghost of Castle-Mare, and Gorgo right along side the rest of Aurora's 60's monster lineup and you'd never know they weren't originals.

Moebius, on the other hand, is the NEW Aurora. They've taken what Aurora did and gone to the next level with increased kit size, complexity, and likenesses. Either way, both companies are incredible and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
I voted Monarch and here's why...the way I see it, Monarch is like a continuation of the old Aurora had they never stopped making kits. You can easily place Nosferatu, Ghost of Castle-Mare, and Gorgo right along side the rest of Aurora's 60's monster lineup and you'd never know they weren't originals.

Moebius, on the other hand, is the NEW Aurora. They've taken what Aurora did and gone to the next level with increased kit size, complexity, and likenesses. Either way, both companies are incredible and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

My sentiments exactly

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:43:20 AM »

Gorgo? Did you say Gorgo? I might have to change my vote.

:o

empty13

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
i have to cut the baby in half. monarch for originality, moebius for volume.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 10:14:22 AM »

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »
Do the Monarch kits consist of multiple small pieces of styrene plastic?

???

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »
Do the Monarch kits consist of multiple small pieces of styrene plastic?

???

Yup. Just like Auroras.... they are lovely.

empty13

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »
somehow i dont think that's the answer he was looking for.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »
somehow i dont think that's the answer he was looking for.

But they do...Gorgo is even molded in the same color as a first issue Godzilla from Aurora,lol. ;D :angel:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=305300