Barnabas Collins Done My Way

Started by Universal Steve, March 25, 2012, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

I just finished the Barnabas Collins model and since I have the original I wanted to build this one the way I thought it shold be. I always thought the original pose was the worst ever on a plastic model figure and the flexable arms are useless. So first I got the replacement head from Cult TV Man. It didn't come with the name plate but I did not care because the original didn't have one. I saw the article in Amazing Figure Modeler about the head and they also said if someone came up with a better base they would have something. So I did.  I had a wall piece I bought from KMart years ago for $1.00. It was part of a Christmas village scene. Perfect scale. Then I took the base and expanded it with clay and used artifical grass to cover it. I took the plastic arms and repositioned them. I used only the mouse for an extra piece. One leg was shorter than the other so I had to build one up to make them the same height.
The look is Barnabas standing on a stone path in front of the crumbling walls of Collinwood.  I also posted the picture on the box that was my inspiration and was my favorite pose on the box.

[

Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

The Mighty Bongo

Chris

Want to hang out with the ultimate party animals ? Come see us at :
http://www.hollywoodgorillamen.com/

1/6thtoyz

RICKH

You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Universal Steve

Thank you all for the kind words about my Barnabas model.I figured since I finished Barnabas I would push the werewolf to the top of the stack. I have a problem. I have lost my original therefore I want to build it as it is. But now I am older since I had my first one and I noticed that the base is the same as the Barnabas base which is a stone base. They put a tree on it in the picture. Last I heard a tree doesn't grow on a stone path. I think all I can do is leave the tree out of it and someday get another one and make a base that makes sense.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Mitchellmania

Kenneth

Fantastic! Your mods have certainly improved the original kit.

Universal Steve

Thank you Kenneth and Mitchellmania for the kind words. I appreciate that.
Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

SeptimusPretorius

Do you like gin? It's my only weakness.

http://www.thehorrorhospitalofdrpretorius.com/

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I love it. You really captured the expression of Barnabas that scared me as a kid. It was this picture below from Famous Monsters of Filmland that gave me nightmares. You're model is bringing it all back to me!

aura of foreboding

Fangtastic work!  Thanks for sharing! 

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "